The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Scottish Fest this weekend?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #1
ReverseApacheMaster
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 191 Posts

Default Scottish Fest this weekend?

I just saw a deal on tickets come through on groupon for this event. I had never heard of it before but they claim to have "scottish ale" and some brewing events. Anybody know more details on what breweries are going to be out there?

I won't be able to go myself but I wanted to spread the word and see if this might be worth putting on next year's calendar.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2012, 02:57 PM   #2
edmanster
Whats Under Your Kilt
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 72 Times on 58 Posts
Likes Given: 45

If it's a highland games they are very entertaining.. Being in utah behind the zion curtain we don't get alcohol at our games but back east it's a party... You got sports, dance, music, food and drink... And if you go you hear the bagpipes in your head for a day after
Edit: should add that I've been going for 20 years now and when I was in my 20s I competed in the sports

Father of 4 girls

Suffers from Zymocenosilicaphobia

Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 PM   #3
FunkytownBrewyard
Stan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

The Texas Scottish Festival is a ton of fun. Additionally, on Saturday, the winners of the KOBB Celtic Brew-Off will be announced at TSF.

Celtic Brew-Off is run by the Knights of the Brown Bottle Homebrew Club and limits entries to Celtic-style & regionally historic styles. It's a great competition.

If anyone has the time to go, I'd recommend doing so. Tons of fun for everyone.

Quick Reply