Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > San Antonio Brew Club?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #11
dover97
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Bexar Brewer here. The club is actually pretty active and we have quite a range of brewers. We held a AHA competition in April and had nearly 550 entries. We also assisted for the homebrew event last month during San Antonio Beer Week. Our meetings are the 3rd Friday of the month and is generally held at one of our members houses.

As far as I know there are three generally active clubs (although I assume there are a number of smaller groups that get together). My impression of the clubs are generalizations as there are all types of brewers in each club but here goes...

Bexar Brewers - the oldest and most active homebrew club. Most of the brewers have been brewing for a while and most are all-grain brewers. We don't update our website or Facebook very often so you really have to get on the email list.

Homebrew Party - started by Homebrew Party. They cater to new brewers and their monthly meetings (as I understand) include brewing an extract beer during the meeting at the store.

Cervaceros - Really a beer appreciate club that tries to convert people to appreciate beer and then hopefully assist them later in becoming brewers. They have a pretty active group that put on events pretty regularly.

...I decided not to give my impressions of each as everyone has different views and I like and dislike certain things about each club.

I hope this helps and if you decide to attend the Bexar Brewer's meeting on Friday June 15th I will see you there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-06-2012, 10:51 PM   #12
grssmnperez
Recipes 

Where will this meeting be held and what time?

Old 07-09-2012, 02:17 AM   #13
BikerBrew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Did you ever find a group to meet with?? I just moved close to the base and would also like to find people to meet with.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:31 PM   #14
abarhan
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I am thinking about hosting a tasting pretty soon if anyone is interested in the SA area. I would like this to be some commercials that people have been holding on to and homebrew. I have some questions regarding home brew techniques and practices that I would like to ask over some beers. Any locals let me know.

You have the voice of an angel. Your voice is like a combination of Fergie and Jesus.

Can we turn our beds into bunk beds? It would free up so much room for activities.

Stay golden, Ponyboy.

Exposure Brewing Co.

Follow on FB, Schwitter and Goggle+

Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 PM   #15
grssmnperez
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abarhan
I am thinking about hosting a tasting pretty soon if anyone is interested in the SA area. I would like this to be some commercials that people have been holding on to and homebrew. I have some questions regarding home brew techniques and practices that I would like to ask over some beers. Any locals let me know.
I am interested.

Old 08-27-2012, 04:19 AM   #16
MrJames
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 8

I am one of the Homebrew Party peeps... For me, the Homebrew crew is perfect for my schedule and my pace, plus I live a few miles away. Their club meetings used to be my Friday night beer drinking fun and socializing, but most recently, I have been tapping into the minds of the brewers in the group. I have been trying different recipes and learning new types of things to make.

I also brew with some friends from work who really don't associate with any of the clubs, I guess... We brew all-grain recipes and I always maintain 3 kegs in my fridge. I also make wine, sake' and other things and occasionally open my cellar doors for all to come and taste.

Old 08-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
grssmnperez
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJames
I am one of the Homebrew Party peeps... For me, the Homebrew crew is perfect for my schedule and my pace, plus I live a few miles away. Their club meetings used to be my Friday night beer drinking fun and socializing, but most recently, I have been tapping into the minds of the brewers in the group. I have been trying different recipes and learning new types of things to make.

I also brew with some friends from work who really don't associate with any of the clubs, I guess... We brew all-grain recipes and I always maintain 3 kegs in my fridge. I also make wine, sake' and other things and occasionally open my cellar doors for all to come and taste.
That sounds pretty cool.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:02 PM   #18
MrJames

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Bottling some Jalapeno Saké this morning. Racked the other batch of Saké over to the secondary....planning to try a Citrus Infused Saké with that batch.

forumrunner_20120901_090214.jpg

Old 09-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #19
grssmnperez
Recipes 

Pain jn a bottle. Try some of this instead. I picked up a few while up in new york this summer.

image-1169875711.jpg

Old 09-01-2012, 04:17 PM   #20
MrJames

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Instead of what...?

forumrunner_20120901_101656.jpg