Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Number of "breweries" in TEXAS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-03-2013, 08:54 AM   #11
Butchv12
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 3

If we are going to mention names:

Kevin Carr: Homebrewed for 15 years. His passion led him to tour different breweries across the U.S., and research the feasibility of a brewery in Dallas. “I bring the business, finance and marketing expertise. I’ve been in business for myself for 20 years.”

Jamie Fulton: Head Brewer. He spent the last two years consulting for, and installing, multiple brew systems all over the world, and he brings this expertise to building Community’s system. He actually helped Lakewood and Deep Ellum breweries with their installations. “We are fortunate to have found him because he is one of the more technical brewers out there. His pedigree speaks for itself. He used to own The Covey. While there he built a strong following and won over 10 national awards with his beers. He is bringing a couple of those recipes to Community Beer Company.”

Aric Hulsey: Assistant Brewer to Jamie at The Covey, then brewed down in Austin and came back up to Dallas for Community Beer Company. “Aric is a seasoned brewer, a hard worker and a great part of our team. He also has a background in microbiology, which is a huge asset as not only a brewer, but in our lab as well.”

Mike DeMarco: Account Services. Mike – or “DeMarco” as everyone calls him, knows the bar business very well. He has owned his own successful bar, and knows everyone in the local industry. He’s a great asset for us as we cultivate new accounts.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:32 PM   #12
kcw5199
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

One more to add to the list True Vine Brewing out of Tyler, TX
http://truevinebrewing.com/home.html

Old 02-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #13
barrooze
Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 129

I loved The Covey when I lived in Ft. Worth. Good luck to Community! Hopefully they'll distribute to Houston someday.

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (WLP585), Saison (Belle Saison), Mid-ABV Janet's Brown, Texas Brown Ale (A.K.A. The Creature) Primary: Octoberfest (ECY15), Sour Brown (ECY01) Souring: Oaked Brett Blended Saison On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Tonguesplitter Updated: 2014/08/23
Untappd: barrooze

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #14
FunkytownBrewyard
Stan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews

Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcw5199 View Post
One more to add to the list True Vine Brewing out of Tyler, TX
http://truevinebrewing.com/home.html
added! thanks!

Old 02-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #15
Notorious_HOP
Brewer At Busted Sandal Brewing
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

We are opening Busted Sandal Brewing Company in San Antonio this May. We are currently in construction but will be accepting delivery of our 10 BBL brewhouse at the end of March.

Take a moment to follow us on Twitter or like us on Facebook if you are interested in updates on our status.

Thanks,
Rob

A new brewery is coming to San Antonio, TX! Click on these links to follow Busted Sandal Brewing Company on Facebook and Twitter for updates.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 AM   #16
Budvar
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Pretty sure "Texian brewing company" is still in planning. I drive by that place often and it always seems like no one is there.

Also, if I remember correct New Republic Brewing company is set up for "The Republic" steakhouse in College Station and exclusively sells to them.

Old 03-14-2013, 08:26 PM   #17
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budvar

Also, if I remember correct New Republic Brewing company is set up for "The Republic" steakhouse in College Station and exclusively sells to them.
That is incorrect. New Republic Brewing is different and not related to The Republic steakhouse. The Republic has or is going to set up a small brewing system of their own.

Carboy 1: Falconer's Flight IPA
Carboy 2: Honey Jalapeno Saison

Old 03-15-2013, 12:09 AM   #18
Budvar
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Do they even sell around BCS? I lived up there for two years and have never seen a bar in the area that sold them.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:41 AM   #19
TexasSpartan
Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budvar View Post
Do they even sell around BCS? I lived up there for two years and have never seen a bar in the area that sold them.
I know they do. I don't know where though. They started up right after I moved away from BCS.

Carboy 1: Falconer's Flight IPA
Carboy 2: Honey Jalapeno Saison

Old 03-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #20
Tinhorn
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Ft Bend brewing company outside Houston

You could be walking around lucky and not even know it