New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > DFW visit: What to do, where to go?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2013, 12:55 AM   #11
onetoeddogbrewery
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Check out Smoke for breakfast

Meddlesome moth bar is also worth visiting

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #12
niko
Recipes 

I actually made a quick reference on the brewery tours around the Metroplex. Hope this helps you find one that works for you.

http://peticolasbrewing.com/brewery.php
1st and 3rd Saturdays 1-3pm $10/person
2026 Farrington Street
Dallas, Texas 75207
214-234-7600

http://www.rahrbrewing.com/our-brewery/tour-tasting.html
Every Saturday 1-3pm $10/person
701 Galveston Ave.
Fort Worth, TX 76104

http://www.franconiabrewing.com/tours.html
Every Saturday 11am $5/person
495 Mckinney Parkway
Mckinney, Tx 75071

http://www.deepellumbrewing.com/tours/
Every Saturday 12pm – 3pm & Thursday evening from 6pm – 8:30pm $10/person
2823 St Louis St, Dallas TX 75226

http://www.cedarcreekbrewery.com/the-brewery.html
Every Sat Noon-3pm. $7/person
244 E. Cedar Creek Pwky
Seven Points, TX 75143

http://firewheelbrewing.com/tours/
Every Saturday 11-3pm starting June 29th. $10/person
2806 Lawing Ln, Rowlett, TX

http://www.lakewoodbrewingcompany.com/events/tours/
Every Saturday Noon-3Pm $10/person
2302 Executive Drive
Garland, TX 75041

Ale Pail 1: empty
Ale Pail 2: empty
Ale Pail 3: empty

Bottled: Dogfish 60 Clone
Keg 1: Doppelbock
Keg 2: Appfelwein
Keg 3: IPA
Keg 4: Empty (will be Arrogant Bastardness)
Keg 5: Empty (will be Lager)

http://www.inthehumidor.com

Old 06-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #13
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Nice! That is awesome. Not sure if I'll be able to get any tours in since the wedding in actually on Sat. but I can at least got get a few sample flights from some of these breweires. I actually had a bottle from Rahr it was their snowpoclypse and it was awesome. I maybe able to hit up deep ellum Thurs. Thanks for the info everyone and I will most definitely be checking out Smoke as well.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 PM   #14
onetoeddogbrewery
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 22 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando
Nice! That is awesome. Not sure if I'll be able to get any tours in since the wedding in actually on Sat. but I can at least got get a few sample flights from some of these breweires. I actually had a bottle from Rahr it was their snowpoclypse and it was awesome. I maybe able to hit up deep ellum Thurs. Thanks for the info everyone and I will most definitely be checking out Smoke as well.
So how was your Dallas trip? Where did you end up going?

Old 06-24-2013, 12:39 AM   #15
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by onetoeddogbrewery

So how was your Dallas trip? Where did you end up going?
I will not be in Dallas until July 11th. So far we are planning on doing a floating concert. Ill definitely be hitting up some breweries. I think we'll probably try smoke out and a few other BBQ joints. Bachelor party will consist of shooting and them drinking. Ill fit in as much as I can between the wedding
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 07-19-2013, 08:00 PM   #16
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Hey hey. Thanks everyone for the sound advice. I unfortunately missed the brewery tours and was under the impression the breweries were setup like here in Colorado where you cold go have beer any time and not tour the facilities.

BUT, I did have plenty of Texas beer. First stop in from Luv was Sonny Bryants. I was going to go to the floating concert but it was cancelled due to rain so that sucked. Went to Specs and got a lot of beer for the hotel. First night there I went to the Gingerman but took the stupid Hwy system and the off ramp I needed was closed, GPS did not like that to much so what should've taken 30 min took 1 hr 1/2. But it was well worth it. The Imperial Texan was my favorite of the night. the Deep Ellum IPA had promise but the Keg was just tapped and the beer wasn't cold.

I made it to twin peaks and that place wasnt very fantastic so I wandered down the parking lot to the Flying Saucer where the waitress DID know about beer. They had a fire sale on all Texas beers and I could've stayed there all day if I didn't have a wedding to go to that day. I really like Peticolas beers.

Made it to the Perot got through two floors in 4.5 hours. Loved that place. Hit up Fuel City for tacos and corn. Went there 2x's during my stay and stuffed my face. Went to the stockyards checke dout the white elephant and some of the shops. Afterwards, we went to the Meddlesome Moth, that spot was really cool. we ordered food to share and had a flight and a beer. It is Belgium Independence so that is what they had on tap but it was still great.

The one place I disliked due to rude service was the rooftop bar at NYLO. Holy crap that place sucked. (no offense if you love that place). Great atmosphere, crappy staff.

I really tried to make it to Smoke but it just didn't happen. Smoke is a destination on the next trip there for sure.

On the way back to love I stopped at Mike Andersons and had one last plate of Texas Que. Thanks again everyone for the advice. I'll definitely be back and will have to try some of the things I missed, Cheers!

O'tega Brewing

Quick Reply