Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > DFW - Brew Riot 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2013, 03:35 AM   #21
zmanzorro
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 75 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 23

www.brewriot.com

When: Sunday May 19, 4:00p.m. - 8:00p.m.

Where: Eno's Pizza 407 N. Bishop Ave. Dallas, TX 75208

“Beer is the center of everything. Everything revolves around beer. When you drink beer, everything revolves. Therefore beer is the center of everything.” — University of Waterloo Engineers

Primary/Secondary: Assassyn IIPA (Odell's Myrcenary clone)
Bottle: Battering Ram Belgian Golden Strong Ale

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #22
holy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

I've signed up and it's just me. I'm entered as Holy Brewing. I'm taking two brews with me but have no idea what I've gotten myself into. Would you guys that have done it before have any suggestions on what else to bring? Extra stuff like paper towels or a Tablecloth? Signage?

Looking forward to it. Hope to see y'all there.

Old 05-13-2013, 01:22 PM   #23
zmanzorro
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy View Post
I've signed up and it's just me. I'm entered as Holy Brewing. I'm taking two brews with me but have no idea what I've gotten myself into. Would you guys that have done it before have any suggestions on what else to bring? Extra stuff like paper towels or a Tablecloth? Signage?

Looking forward to it. Hope to see y'all there.
I'm in the same boat. I know they said that they'll have table, 2 chairs, tasting glasses, and a rinse pitcher. I dont know if they'll have banners/signs/etc. for each brewrer. I'm also bringing my brew in bottles because I'm not quite kegging yet. Would bringing it in coolers with ice be the best option?

“Beer is the center of everything. Everything revolves around beer. When you drink beer, everything revolves. Therefore beer is the center of everything.” — University of Waterloo Engineers

Old 05-13-2013, 03:18 PM   #24
Chimbley_Sweep
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmanzorro View Post
I'm in the same boat. I know they said that they'll have table, 2 chairs, tasting glasses, and a rinse pitcher. I dont know if they'll have banners/signs/etc. for each brewrer. I'm also bringing my brew in bottles because I'm not quite kegging yet. Would bringing it in coolers with ice be the best option?
My group participated last year, and we are going again this year. Each setup is unique, and it is up to you how complicated you want to get. There is everything from a single guy at a table serving beer out of a bottle, to people with 10+ kegs, serving through portable cooling systems, and one group I saw with a huge galvanized water trough full of ice and beer. Some people have banners and giveaways, some people have boards posted with their beer descriptions, and some people don't have anything but their smile and free beer.

They provide the items you listed, but one thing I would really recommend bringing is extra water for you to: A) drink, and B) rinse out people's cups. It gets hot out there, lots of people are drinking, and it helps to have water available along with your beer. How you dress up your spot is up to you. This is more of a social event and fundraiser. At the end of the day, you are giving away beer for free, so no one is going to complain.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:13 PM   #25
zmanzorro
Recipes 

Today is the day! Good luck to all competing and make sure to come by Zreet St. Brewing and say hello!

Old 05-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #26
Chimbley_Sweep
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Congratulations to Holy on his Swamp Donkey getting 3rd place. If I remember correctly, I think it was 3rd in IPAs.

Well done, sir.

Old 05-20-2013, 07:30 PM   #27
zmanzorro
Recipes 

Thanks to all of the advice on here. Didn't place but still had a great time with lots of compliments as well as 28 tokens. I even got to serve my beer to local celebrity, Vaden Todd Lewis of the Toadies. I'll be back next year and do even better!

Old 05-21-2013, 01:32 AM   #28
JediSpam
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

was a lot of fun guys! i am trooper brewing

Fermenting: Oatmeal Stout

Old 05-21-2013, 03:12 PM   #29
holy
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

Holy Brewing Here, Our team had a blast Sunday and we were lucky enough to place with Swamp Donkey, which ended up as third in Lagers. I enjoyed meeting you guys at necktie and trooper. Hope to see y'all again.

Old 05-21-2013, 03:32 PM   #30
zmanzorro
Recipes 

I didn't get much of a chance to leave my booth, so I didn't see many others. Didn't realize someone here was for Neck Tie. I was across the street at Zreet St.

Quick Reply