Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Brewing Clubs in NW Houston

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2011, 12:56 AM   #1
bechbd
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Brewing Clubs in NW Houston

I was wondering if anyone was part of a brewing club in NW Houston. I just moved to the Heights from Montana and was looking for a group of brewers. I have been brewing for 8 years or so. I do both AG and PM brews of a variety of styles. Anyone know of any clubs and/or shops in this area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
ibbones
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm +100 miles out of Houston but I do know about Del Falco's Home Brew on the south side off the loop. I have been there two or three times.
Can't help as far as a club but on the Del Falco web site, there are some listed.

welcome to Texas.

"BONES"

Gun control is being able to hit your target.

Old 05-05-2011, 08:17 PM   #3
TheDirtyV
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I think you'll be looking for the Foam Rangers. They meet once a month at De Falco's. I'm not a member but I've been seriously considering it. I live in NW Houston too (further out than you). And buy all my specialty grains and other non-internet purchases there. I've yet to go all grain or I would probably just buy everything I need there. You can always google map De Falco's but it is on Stella Link just South of Braeswood. Feel free to PM me if you have any other questions.

P.S. If you like brewery tours the Houston area has No Label in Katy, St. Arnolds just north of downtown, and Southern Star in Conroe. Kreuz Creek in Sugarland will be doing tours in the near future. Welcome to Texas!

Reason: P.S.

Old 05-19-2011, 04:08 AM   #4
calebawilson
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

well homebrew clubs there is the kgb northern part foam rangers southern part mashronaunts are south east and Cane Island Alers west houston/katy.

Old 06-09-2011, 06:26 AM   #5
TonySwank
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bechbd View Post
I was wondering if anyone was part of a brewing club in NW Houston. I just moved to the Heights from Montana and was looking for a group of brewers. I have been brewing for 8 years or so. I do both AG and PM brews of a variety of styles. Anyone know of any clubs and/or shops in this area?
Welcome to the Heights, I've been in Houston three years and in the Heights for the last two. I'm a member of a couple of the groups just because I keep meeting people from the different groups and getting invited to their meetings/brewdays.

The Foam Rangers - Meet at Defalcos Homebrew Shop, which is on the south west corner of 610, once a month. They host a big homebrew competition call the Dixie Cup in October every year. Younger club, rowdy meetings.

Mashtronauts - In the Clearlake/NASA area. Meet once a month on Tuesdays. Took my BJCP class with them this year and it was fantastic, tons of very smart people in their organization. The meetings are focused on learning a certain topic then sharing homebrew with everyone else.

KGB - Is the group in North Houston/Spring. Meet once a month and the location changes, the meetings at Southern Star Brewery are great. More country boys in this club if that is your scene.

Beer bars close by - Petrol Station, Flying Saucer, Liberty Station. Onion/Cedar creek are great if it is nice out.

Old 09-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #6
BARBQ
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I wish there was one in Cypress (NW Houston). Anybody want to start one?

Texas Bierfreiheit!

Old 02-23-2012, 02:58 PM   #7
QBBC
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I live in Willowbrook/Cypress area and I try to brew at least twice a month. If anybody in the area is intersted in brewing together, Just let me know.

QBBC
Tony Olivarez

Itching to get that next batch going

Old 02-27-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
anonymousbrew
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 8

NW Houston guys - we'll be having a little get together at Backyard Grill (Jones rd @ West Rd) at 6:30 on Thursday March 1 for those interested in maybe starting a group out this way. I've seen from BBQ, QBBC, and a couple other guys here that there's some interest in this part of town. So we figured, lets get together, have a couple of beers and see what hatches.

Post up if you can make it and I'll make sure the Backyard guys set us a table big enough.

see ya there!

Old 02-27-2012, 10:17 PM   #9
QBBC
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anon, I am interested in meeting up this thurs at Backyard...
my email is tank_832@yahoo.com.

QBBC
Tony Olivarez

Itching to get that next batch going

Old 02-28-2012, 02:43 AM   #10
Coog_Brew
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousbrew
NW Houston guys - we'll be having a little get together at Backyard Grill (Jones rd @ West Rd) at 6:30 on Thursday March 1 for those interested in maybe starting a group out this way. I've seen from BBQ, QBBC, and a couple other guys here that there's some interest in this part of town. So we figured, lets get together, have a couple of beers and see what hatches.

Post up if you can make it and I'll make sure the Backyard guys set us a table big enough.

see ya there!

I'm in Oak Forest and might be able to meet up this week. How many people have committed to meet up at Backyard Grill?
Bottled: American Stout
Kegged: American IPA, Belgian Amber

Quick Reply