Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > BJ's Brewhouse Austin Opens TODAY!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2007, 06:30 PM   #21
ColoradoXJ13
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 7 Posts

I am not a huge fan of their beers but they had their Red Ale aged in oak, was actually really damn good, but they only had it for a short while. The thing that bugs me is that the people that work there know almost nothing about the beer.

the buffalo chicken pizza on the other hand is the sh!t!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2007, 06:52 PM   #22
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 76 Posts
Likes Given: 168

The food is pretty good at the BJ's in Tucson. A lot better than your typical brewpub fare. I'm always up for their sampler of beers and have another pint for what captures my interest that eve. Haven't been there in at least a year but service was good.

Old 12-03-2007, 06:55 PM   #23
Aiko
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hill Country Brewer
I stopped in at the Austin BJ's on Friday night and was disappointed to see that they don't really brew on-site. They actually brew at the St. Arnold's brewery in Houston by just renting out some capacity and then ship the beers to the Texas locations.
I asked about that also, they have the vats, but only use them to brew Root Beer, (this is in the Arlington TX one), I think its a TX law or something. I like the food but a tad over priced, service has SUCKED each time we go. I feel like I'm invisible most of the time. The beer was OK, I like the Pooks or the Hefe, still over priced. I would rate it a 6 of 10, would be lower if the food was bad.
Drinking:

On Deck:

Old 12-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #24
firepunk
Recipes 

I'm a fan of the BJ's in brea. I got to talking through email with the head brewer, and he told me whenever I want I can come down and get some fresh yeast from them. So that was cool. Also, their nutty brunette is one of my favs.
As far as the food is concerned, I like most of it, but some of them "specialty" gourmet pizzas area little over the top. All I want is some pepperoni and maybe sausage with lots of cheese. And ranch on the side.

On deck: Something... maybe a pear cider.
Fermenting: German Hefe
Kegged: Nada ATM

"Who could possibly need 5 gallons of beer?" -swmbo in reference to me buying a homebrew kit.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:08 PM   #25
quickerNu

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

They just opened a BJ's 2 miles from my office in Temple. They are doing so much construction nearby I haven't ventured to try it. Had one of their waitresses come in to buy a bike from me- she was NUTS. Hopefully their whole staff isn't like her, but from reading these posts....Maybe?

[I'm back!]

Old 12-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #26
APendejo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

They won't fill corneys but will sell you way expensive growlers to take home.
AP

Old 12-14-2007, 12:23 AM   #27
APendejo
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by quickerNu
They just opened a BJ's 2 miles from my office in Temple. They are doing so much construction nearby I haven't ventured to try it. Had one of their waitresses come in to buy a bike from me- she was NUTS. Hopefully their whole staff isn't like her, but from reading these posts....Maybe?
I used to live in Harker Heights in the BrookHollow Trailer Park. That was in 1976-78 tho. Was there a couple of years ago and got lost, Martin Luther King Blvd. thru me for a loop, I bought my first Harley, a 77 FX right outside the front gate of Ft. Hood. Wanted to go out to Stillhouse Lake to see some of the old hangouts and got completely lost, they are really building that area up.
AP

Old 12-23-2007, 03:21 PM   #28
-Dan-
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I was a couple weeks ago at the Orlando location. Staff was really friendly, good service, great food (I recommend the pizza and pasta!!), and great beer.

I can just recommend BJ's in Orlando...

Quick Reply