The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Best DFW Brewpubs

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2011, 12:40 AM   #11
Hoppin_Mad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Sucks they threw you out but the TABC can ruin a bar for serving you with an expired i.d. Can't blame them.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2011, 06:56 PM   #12
ReverseApacheMaster
Recipes 

Liked 227 Times on 191 Posts

Yeah pissing off one customer is a lot less detrimental to the business than a TABC fine.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:27 PM   #13
TomHanx
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

No I understand its against the law and what they face if they're caught. It was his tone... I mean he literally walked up to me and with out explaining anything "you need to leave" in a very GTFO tone. You don't have to be rude me to me! It's not my fault your bar tender served me. Rude ass.

I loved that place too but I just can't go back.

Anybody tried the humperdinks brew pub? J/w if it's any good.

btw I think BJ's brewary- most overrated ever. Take cheese cake factory-remove cheese cake- add nothing special micro brews and tada, way over priced restaurant.

Old 05-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
WildGingerBrewing
ISDID, I has it
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1898 Times on 1877 Posts
Likes Given: 5

The Frisco area has a couple nice pubs I like to go to. The Gingerman and Ringo's in the Shops at Legacy and over on Preston south of 121 is the Holy Grail. It's by far my favorite bar. Great selection of beers and they change periodically. Plus it's just a cool place with cool people. There used to be a brewpub/restaurant inside the Bass Pro in Grapevine. Not sure if it's still there. Nothing great but some of the beers were decent. Can't help you much with Ft Worth though.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:33 AM   #15
Hoppin_Mad
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomHanx View Post
No I understand its against the law and what they face if they're caught. It was his tone... I mean he literally walked up to me and with out explaining anything "you need to leave" in a very GTFO tone. You don't have to be rude me to me! It's not my fault your bar tender served me. Rude ass.

I loved that place too but I just can't go back.

Anybody tried the humperdinks brew pub? J/w if it's any good.

btw I think BJ's brewary- most overrated ever. Take cheese cake factory-remove cheese cake- add nothing special micro brews and tada, way over priced restaurant.

Humperdinks originally turned me on to the idea of brewing but now I find it very meh. The porter tastes like liquid smoke. Their IPA is decent.

Old 07-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #16
TomHanx
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 11

There's a place in McKinney (city not street) now downtown- not a brewpub but does have something like 20 diff beers on tap. GREAT selection and they offer samples which is just awesome :')

oh yeah its called Square Burger. I want to try Flying Saucer sometime, anybody been there?

Quick Reply