Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Texas HomeBrew Forum > Beergas in Houston

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-25-2013, 02:17 AM   #1
MisterClean
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Default Beergas in Houston

I think i want to go ahead and add a nitro tap to my keezer. Before I do, I want to make sure that I'll be able to actually get gas. Does anyone know who supplies beergas in Houston or the surrounding area?

I see there is actually a company called Beergas Co, but they're now owned by Airgas. I've read some old threads that said Airgas doesn't carry beergas mix? So where do y'all get your tanks filled? Also about how much is a fill? Do they require you supply your own bottle, or do you just put a deposit and swap bottles when you need a fill?

Appreciate the help

the best thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
Brewrifle
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I'm not sure about Houston, but in Austin, Airgas doesn't carry beergas on hand. I actually had to call around and finally found a place - 'Round Rock Welding Supply' that swapped them out for a reasonable price. Note that beergas 75%/25% is a proprietary blend so you'll most likely be looking at 70%/30% like I found.

Kegged - Citra Pale Ale, Session Saison, Robust Porter (Nitro), Hoppy Red Ale, Caffrey's Irish Ale clone, Cascadian Dark ale, German Pilsner.
Aging - Bourbon barrel aged RIS,
Primary -
To Brew - TBD

Old 05-30-2013, 07:58 PM   #3
eyeimbibe
Recipes 

Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterClean View Post
I think i want to go ahead and add a nitro tap to my keezer. Before I do, I want to make sure that I'll be able to actually get gas. Does anyone know who supplies beergas in Houston or the surrounding area?

I see there is actually a company called Beergas Co, but they're now owned by Airgas. I've read some old threads that said Airgas doesn't carry beergas mix? So where do y'all get your tanks filled? Also about how much is a fill? Do they require you supply your own bottle, or do you just put a deposit and swap bottles when you need a fill?

Appreciate the help
For CO2 I go to DeFalco's. You can give them a call and they might give you a contact.

Currently Working On:
Primary: Pumpkin Dark Ale, Boulevard Coffee Ale Clone
Secondary: -
Kegs: Pliny the Elder Clone, Saint Arnold Icon Green Clone
Pipeline: Sam Adams Maple Pecan Porter, Pecan Porter the Fourth, something to age with the oak chips I've been soaking, Lemon Grass Honey Wheat.

Old 10-25-2013, 09:10 PM   #4
mrjohnson11
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Did you ever find a place? I called beergas but it was the plant and they told me about their shop near 610 and MLK that I could drop my tank off then they would send it to the plant to fill but I couldn't find anything on the internet about where the shop actually is...

Old 11-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #5
barrooze
Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 112 Times on 94 Posts
Likes Given: 141

I've been thinking about this same thing.

Kegged: Flanders Blonde, Saison (Belle Saison), Festbier (ECY15), BOSON Prime (Brett Oaked saiSON), Night Howl Pumpkin Ale Primary: None Souring: Sour Brown (ECY01), BOSON on Rhubarb On Deck: Pale ale, Ginger Beer On the Horizon: Epic Pale ale clone, Zombie Dust clone Updated: 2014/11/18
Untappd: barrooze

Quick Reply