Austin area brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zach976

Reaction score
I'm a beginner all grain brewer who is just south of Austin. I've brewed 5 batches of okay beer. I would like to find a more experienced brewer that would let me watch on one of their brew days so that I could improve my brewing. If so, let me know. Thanks.

Hey Zach, I wouldn't say we are more experienced brewers we are about to start all grain batches soon too. We've done more than a handful of mini mash batches and we are in the Buda area. We should be doing our first all grain batch Saturday Oct 12; if you have nothing going on that day you're more than welcome to join us.

I'm in Buda too. Of course we are going to be out of town this weekend. I would definitely like to come by on a brew day and see if I can pick up some things from watching someone else brew. You are also welcome to come by on one of my brew days too.

We will probably do another batch in the near future. What part of Buda are you in? We are in the Coves of Cimarron area.

How did your all grain brew go? We live in the Elm Grove community.

It went well for the most part. The first half while doing most of the prep work was hectic but after we started our mash it slowed down. Our efficiency could have been better, we missed our target gravity by only a couple points. Target- 1.043 Actual O.G.- 1.040. Not too terrible for our first attempt.

I just saw this post for the first time. If either of you are still watching this thread, I'm in South Austin about 15-20 minutes from Elm Grove. I've been all-grain brewing for 3 years ... I only brew about once a month but would be glad to connect with either of you and hang out on a brew day. Send me a PM if you'd like to connect.

Hey guys, we will be brewing a black ipa next weekend if either of you would like to come out.

Araknaphobic1c, I'm just down the road in Whispering Hollow. We should get together for a brew soon. We're brewing a hefeweizen this Sunday (1/19/14) if you want to drop by. I believe that zach976 will be coming over to hang with us.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

I won't be able to make it this time, I have to carry the company phone this weekend in case of an emergency. I would hate to get down there and have to leave if I get called in. Let me know the next time you guys brew and ill be sure to make it, I'm not sure when the next time we brew will be but I will let you guys know when I do.

Sounds good. Always cool to hang out with new brewers so hopefully we can all get together soon.

Byron
UnDead Nanobrews

I'm sure we can schedule something, I'm only on call once every 5-6 weeks so this isn't a frequent occurance.

How did the brew day go?

It went great overall. A bit of a learning curve using my recent upgrades to my system but, the brew day was a success.

Can't wait for the next one now that I *think* I have all the bugs worked out. Should be brewing up a smash ale the first Sunday in February.

Another Buda brewer here... am open to brewing with others pretty much anytime... I have to get something going as I just moved to the area and my kegerator needs cleaned and filled up...

Another Buda brewer here. I picked up an all grain batch of Imperial Irish Red and plan to brew next weekend if I can schedule it.

Cool! The more brewers the better! I'm brewing up a SMASH Ale on Sunday (Feb 2nd) if anyone cares to join me. PM me and I'll give you the details.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Home Brew mobile app

Finally started my single tier build. I haven't got much done yet trying to juggle family time with build time. ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393444320.546992.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393444343.529668.jpgImageUploadedByHome Brew1393444363.643864.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1393469590.276329.jpg
Cut the pot supports today. Haven't had time to weld them in yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Back