The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Kansas HomeBrew Forum > Manhattan Lhbs kind of

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
finsfan
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 23 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1707 Times on 1196 Posts
Likes Given: 3481

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenFields View Post
I just got back from there. It might be a little hard to see it because he really has no sign out front. Just painted on a dark window. I walked right by it. But it is literally right on the corner of 4th & Kansas.
He has a good selection for just opening but he was already out of a few things I wanted to buy (Amber DME, S04 yeast, fermcap). He was already making a list of things he was out of and things people were asking for and said he would have them this week. He will let you create a grainbill and will mill them for you with no Mill charge!
Its really going to be nice to have a store like this in the area. I really hope people support him and it is around for a long time!!!
Glad to hear they are having that much business already! I just wasnt sure what the grain situation was like. From the pictures on FB, it looked like you could only buy the prepacked grains. I hope he has extra light DME when I get there around six haha. I will definitely be shopping there about once a month and hope my little contribution helps! Any chance you inquired about buying 50lb bags of grain there?

Drinking helps fight against Radioactive poisoning. The survivors of Chernobyl were drunk at the time. Drink up HBT!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 PM   #12
SevenFields
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

He had Extra Light DME, I think it was $11 for a 3lb bag, which I thought was good price! Plus you get 10% today.
I didnt inquire about 50lbs bags, but I overheard someone else. He said he could do it but didnt mention a price.

Tap 1: Galaxy IPA
Tap 2: Bourbon Honey Brown Ale
Primary 1: Centential Blonde
Primary 2: Belgian IPA
Secondary:
Bottled: American Barleywine
On Deck: Torpedo IPA

Old 10-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #13
finsfan

Recipes 

Quote:
He had Extra Light DME, I think it was $11 for a 3lb bag, which I thought was good price! Plus you get 10% today.
I didnt inquire about 50lbs bags, but I overheard someone else. He said he could do it but didnt mention a price.
wait, 10% on everything?! I could be getting myself in trouble if thats the case

Drinking helps fight against Radioactive poisoning. The survivors of Chernobyl were drunk at the time. Drink up HBT!

Old 10-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #14
SevenFields
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yep, if he got 500 likes on Facebook before opening, he was going to give everyone 10% today only. He got 500 likes in no time!
Happy shopping and go Cats!

Tap 1: Galaxy IPA
Tap 2: Bourbon Honey Brown Ale
Primary 1: Centential Blonde
Primary 2: Belgian IPA
Secondary:
Bottled: American Barleywine
On Deck: Torpedo IPA

Old 10-01-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
finsfan

Recipes 

Quote:
Yep, if he got 500 likes on Facebook before opening, he was going to give everyone 10% today only. He got 500 likes in no time!
Happy shopping and go Cats!
That is amazing! hope we can pull off a big win this weekend!

Old 10-01-2013, 08:16 PM   #16
looneybomber
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
My friend got there and told me they had DME and LME. I texted him if they had 50lb bags there. It might have been my friend you over heard. Also, I didn't get a price.
Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Old 10-01-2013, 08:23 PM   #17
finsfan

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybomber View Post
My friend got there and told me they had DME and LME. I texted him if they had 50lb bags there. It might have been my friend you over heard. Also, I didn't get a price.
So they do sell the 50lb bags, just not sure on price yet?

Old 10-02-2013, 03:52 AM   #18
looneybomber
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

He said they could likely order them, but if not, they can order enough smaller bags of DME to reach 50lbs.

Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Old 10-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #19
finsfan

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybomber View Post
He said they could likely order them, but if not, they can order enough smaller bags of DME to reach 50lbs.
DME? would in the world would anyone want a 50lb bag of DME? I was talking about grain haha

So i went to Downtown Craft Brew last night and was pretty pleased with there prices. I got a giant funnel, 4lbs of dextrose, 4 lbs of DME, 8- 1lb bags of specialty malts, brew hauler, mash paddle, 2 oz of hops, 3 packets of montrachet, all for $65. I was disappointing in their grain system as they could not make a custom grist, but only had 1lb bags for sale. The service also wasnt great and I had to dig through the fridge to find the hops I wanted. Check out took about 20 minutes since it was hand written and they had to figure a 10% discount on everything. Besides that, Im sure I will continue to make the drive for supplies as opposed to ordering online. I just hope they are around awhile!

Quick Reply