Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Kansas HomeBrew Forum > Kansas City Bier Meisters Competition Feb 15 & 16, 2013

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2013, 08:04 PM   #1
theschick
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Kansas City Bier Meisters Competition Feb 15 & 16, 2013

I posted this on the Missouri club, but will also post it on the Kansas side (It is Kansas City we're talking about after all). I know it is extremely last minute, but the Kansas City Bier Meisters is hosting their 30th annual homebrew competition on the 15/16th. Unfortunately the deadline is this Thursday, so if you are local you still have time to drop off your entries to the Local Pig in KC MO.

We are also hosting a banquet after the judging on the 16th. The Local Pig will be catering the event, and we'll have a lot of great commercial and homebrew kegs. Even if you don't enter the competition, consider checking out the banquet.

Full details on the event and to purchase banquet tickets are on the club's website: http://www.kcbiermeisters.org/kcbm-competition.html.

Kansas City area people: Check out the KC home brew club: www.kcbiermeisters.org

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2013, 04:01 PM   #2
looneybomber
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Missed it, but I may have to try for next year.

Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Old 02-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #3
theschick
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

We'll do a better job next year on giving more of heads-up

Kansas City area people: Check out the KC home brew club: www.kcbiermeisters.org

Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 AM   #4
looneybomber
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Cool, let us know. The stout I am aging now will be ready to drink for next year's competition. How many entries do you guys normally get in category 13F?

Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Quick Reply