Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South Central USA > Kansas HomeBrew Forum > Anyone near Lawrence have a corker?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-21-2012, 09:18 PM   #1
looneybomber
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Anyone near Lawrence have a corker?

I ran into a small problem. I have some beer I need to bottle, but because I am not drinking for 6wks, I am not emptying out bottles. I don't have enough cappable bottles, but I have plenty of Belgium bottles if only I had a corker. Is there anyone in the area with a corker I could use/rent?

Bottled: <1.060: AHS Aniv Wit, lemon wheat, Blonde rye.
<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

What side Lawerence you on? I have a hand corker I could sell you dirt cheap if you want to meet up in Overland Park later this week. Should work for Belgium bottles.

If not, one thing I have done with beer in the past is get the plastic Champagne caps from the HBS and wire twists. They work pretty decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 06-25-2012, 09:37 PM   #3
looneybomber
Recipes 

I'm near the middle of lawrence. A few blocks from 23rd and Iowa.

What kind of hand corker are you talking about. I'm not too familiar with corkers.

<1.090: How Rye I Am, Rye wheat ale, spiced tripel, tripel w/orange, baltic porter, skeeter pee lime and lemon w/cranberry, Milk stout.
<1.110: Reverend clone, IIPA. Chocolate RIS, Bourbon Barrel Quad, chocolate RIS w/oak & whiskey
>1.110 OG: Double W (inspired) stout, Choco milk Czar, Mephistopheles (inspired) stout..

Old 06-26-2012, 01:07 PM   #4
landshark
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 94 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 25

Dug around last night and couldn't find my old hand corker . Will look some more tonight.

If not I have a Portuguese I may loan out, but you'd have to meet me in OP. I don't drive to Lawrence anymore after last time I got stopped out there. I stay out of that town. May see if anyone closer has a corker.

The old hand one I have is a clamp/swing style. Can never find anything when I want it around this house.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laughing_Gnome_Invisible View Post
OK, So I searched "Betty White nude" ...........At the top of the results, instead of 'Did you mean......" it asked "Are you f#cking serious?....."

Old 06-28-2012, 02:02 AM   #5
looneybomber
Recipes 

Meeting in OP is not a problem at all. My wife and I will make a "date night" out of it. Let me know what you come up with (find) and we can hash out the business end and the logistics of it then. If you want to take this to PM's and then phone, we can do so.

Quick Reply