Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #1
bigirishape
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default Travelling in Denver, Boulder & Durango Area - Brewery Suggestions?

Hey all, I'm going to be taking a trip to Colorado in about a month for a wedding, and I've set aside some time for a little beer-tourism. Looking for any suggestions for places that I *need* to visit, whether it be a brewery, a bar, or just an amazing restaurant.

Really appreciate any suggestions you have, and thanks in advance!

Kegged:
Up Next:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
zach976
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts

I think if I were going to be in that area, I would have to stop by Oskar Blues brewery in Longmont. Never been but a huge fan of the beers. Fort Collins is also a really nice area with a few small micro breweries and of course the New Belgium brewery.

Old 06-03-2013, 10:01 PM   #3
Kergnob
Recipes 

Denver you have Breckenridge, Wynkoop (oldest I think), Great Divide, Prost, Strange Brewing, Crooked Stave. Going out a little from the city in all sides its Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Del Norte. Also Colorado Cider Company if you're into it (Cider guy so had to give them a shoutout =P)

Boulder you have some great options too starting with Avery, Mountain Sun (or under the sun if you go downstairs, or Southern Sun at the south location), Upslope, Twisted Pine, Boulder Beer

Those are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure i'm missing a few but you'll be busy just with those. Sorry don't know Durango area though

Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #4
Pole
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 33

If you can make the trip to Fort Collins, Odell is great. Fort Collins Brewery is only a 1/4 mile down the road too, so you could very easily visit both of them.

Left Hand in Longmont is solid, and so is Avery. Boulder Beer is another really good one.

Denver Beer Company is great, probably my favorite in the metro area behind Great Divide.

Old 06-06-2013, 04:43 PM   #5
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kergnob View Post
Denver you have Breckenridge, Wynkoop (oldest I think), Great Divide, Prost, Strange Brewing, Crooked Stave. Going out a little from the city in all sides its Dry Dock, Copper Kettle, Del Norte. Also Colorado Cider Company if you're into it (Cider guy so had to give them a shoutout =P)

Boulder you have some great options too starting with Avery, Mountain Sun (or under the sun if you go downstairs, or Southern Sun at the south location), Upslope, Twisted Pine, Boulder Beer

Those are the ones that come to mind. I'm sure i'm missing a few but you'll be busy just with those. Sorry don't know Durango area though
Del Norte closed down last year around Nov/Dec.

Old 06-06-2013, 05:13 PM   #6
dgroot
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

5280 Magazine did a good piece on all of the microbreweries in the city of Denver. I haven't had a chance to try very many yet, but its a good starting point.

http://www.5280.com/magazine/2013/02...brewing-denver

-Dave

Old 06-10-2013, 11:36 PM   #7
JEnglish
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 1

If your going to Durango go to Ska brewery.

Old 06-15-2013, 03:55 AM   #8
Aileen
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Definitely go to Fort Collins if you can, and don't miss Equinox there. Odell is a must, too. New Belgium is a fun place but always so crowded.
Oskar Blues is in my town and I love their beers so I vote for them as well. If you want food, though, go to the Oskar Blues in Lyons (not Longmont) and get the fried pickles with either a Dale's or a Deviant Dales - best combo ever!

Old 06-18-2013, 07:04 AM   #9
pdxal
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 101 Times on 93 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgroot View Post
5280 Magazine did a good piece on all of the microbreweries in the city of Denver. I haven't had a chance to try very many yet, but its a good starting point.

http://www.5280.com/magazine/2013/02...brewing-denver

-Dave

Great link, thanks!

Old 06-19-2013, 01:34 AM   #10
hout17
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

There is a new brewery that has been open for about a year about 30 minutes north of denver in the little town of Frederick. It's called Echo Brewing and they have some tasty brews and have different food trucks swing by all the time. It's small but I like the beer. Also make sure you hit Left Hand brewing in longmont and dry dock in Aurora which is a suburb south of Denver.

Quick Reply