Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Rocky Mountain Brew Fest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2006, 01:16 AM   #11
drengel
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

blues and brews is awesome, but expensive. i don't think one person could try all the beers in the three hour time limit and make it back to the tent, which is the sign of a good festival. plus its absolutely beautiful and theres good music going on.

richbrewer- won't make it to that one, but i work festivals all around colorado alot, especially in the summer time when the brewery often has 3-4 going on the same weekend, so i'll let you know the next one i'll be working. buy you a beer or something?

drinking: mocha java porter, belgian pumpkin ale, Gary's oatmeal stout clone, AHS nut brown, catamount porter clone, double nut brown, rye pale ale, my oatmeal stout

conditioning: nut brown

next: saison, wit, american wheat, hefe, kolsch, blonde

gone: too damn many

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-03-2006, 12:14 PM   #12
RichBrewer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 37 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by drengel
blues and brews is awesome, but expensive. i don't think one person could try all the beers in the three hour time limit and make it back to the tent, which is the sign of a good festival. plus its absolutely beautiful and theres good music going on.

richbrewer- won't make it to that one, but i work festivals all around colorado alot, especially in the summer time when the brewery often has 3-4 going on the same weekend, so i'll let you know the next one i'll be working. buy you a beer or something?
Cool and I'll return the favor!

Cheers,
Rich

Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #13
AaronA
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Emporer BillyBrew

Also, who can name what Estes Park is famous for?
You're probably talking about the Stanley Hotel in "The Shining". The Stanley Hotel was also used to film many scenes from the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

Estes Park is also famous for being home to F.O. Stanley, and Enos Mills. And the Lawn Lake dam failure that flooded Estes Park (3-4ft of water, and nearly 2ft of mud left behind in homes and businesses). I'll stop with my nerdy Estes Park info now.

--Aaron

Old 06-03-2006, 05:23 PM   #14
drengel
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

ahh i posted that in the wrong thread, no wonder i couldn't find the post to quote it. wierd that there would be two threads baout estes park...my parents honeymonned in that hotel.

drinking: mocha java porter, belgian pumpkin ale, Gary's oatmeal stout clone, AHS nut brown, catamount porter clone, double nut brown, rye pale ale, my oatmeal stout

conditioning: nut brown

next: saison, wit, american wheat, hefe, kolsch, blonde

gone: too damn many

Old 06-05-2006, 03:32 PM   #15
God Emporer BillyBrew

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaron
You're probably talking about the Stanley Hotel in "The Shining". The Stanley Hotel was also used to film many scenes from the movie "Dumb and Dumber".

Estes Park is also famous for being home to F.O. Stanley, and Enos Mills. And the Lawn Lake dam failure that flooded Estes Park (3-4ft of water, and nearly 2ft of mud left behind in homes and businesses). I'll stop with my nerdy Estes Park info now.

--Aaron
I was going for the shining, but thanks for exposing your nerd-like knowledge.

---------------------------------------------------
Desert Planet Brewing Co.

Primary :Bloody Nose Porter
Primary 2: Bloody Nose Porter
Secondary: Blackberry Melomel
Secondary 2:air
Bottled : 14 Pound Hammer Cider, Punkin Ale, know ale, Domino wheat
Keg 1: **** Inside Her
Keg 2: IPA
Keg 3: one on a weeknight, two on a weekend IIPA
Future : Ginger Cream Ale,