NHC/AHA Entry Count

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
OK, how many entries do we have going to the AHA Competition in Denver? Deadline is next week for first round. So get busy!

I have 5 in:

Imperial IPA
Imperial Stout
Old Ale
Barley Wine
Belgium Pale

I'll have 3 (I think). The 3rd might be this Bitter End ESB I have. I think it is really getting good.

Smoked IPA (S.O.S.)
American Pale Ale (Lake Walk)
ESB? (Bitter End)

Dude said:
I'll have 3 (I think). The 3rd might be this Bitter End ESB I have. I think it is really getting good.

Smoked IPA (S.O.S.)
American Pale Ale (Lake Walk)
ESB? (Bitter End)
Dude. Get those babies shipped out. You only have a week and a half!

SOS is a damned fine beer, Dude. Really unique, but in a very good way, the smokey malt is a great complement to the hops. It's such a dynamic beer, it's one of the best I've had.

the_bird said:
SOS is a damned fine beer, Dude. Really unique, but in a very good way, the smokey malt is a great complement to the hops. It's such a dynamic beer, it's one of the best I've had.

Wow..thanks!

And why aren't you entering your Murder? Likewise, it is one of the best I've had.

'Cause they get eight million IPA entrants and it's too dark for the style. Plus, I don't want to give up any!

I should actually stop referring to it as an IPA and think of it as a West Coast Red. I'm appreciating my smoked "porter" more now that I think of it as a Smoked American Brown instead of an over-hopped porter. :D

I probably will, but I have to decide whether I would stand a better chance entering MITRB as a really hoppy American Amber or a too-dark IPA.

I'm entering 2:
Süßkartoffelbrau (sweet 'tater ale, going in veg. herb spice)
Remember the Amarillo (massively late and dry hopped, going in APA)

I know I probably don't have a shot at APA, but I'd really like some feedback about this beer and I figure this would be the best place to get it.

I'm only entering the oak aged Imperial IPA. Didn't get the Black Sage Porter bottled in time.

Back