Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Local 12 beers of Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 10:50 PM   #81
Option
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
If you want another option, I got an extra Keg, and would be willing to force carb and bottle for you. It takes a couple of weeks to do it right so we would have to get together soon. Just an idea. I'm not trying to hijack your beer.
I always keg and force carb. I am not sure what is best for this weizenbock because I have never done a wheat beer before. It should have some yeast and plenty of carbonation in the bottle and I want to get it right so I am assuming I will have to bottle from a bucket with priming sugar correct? I would love to just keg and carb as usual but all the bottles I have filled from the keg have had very little carbonation in the past.

Any insight would be appreciated, thanks!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 08:28 PM   #82
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Any way we can meet earlier? Just realized Wynkoop's Parade Of Darks is that day and it starts at 1pm.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:36 PM   #83
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 109

I can call strange and see. I know that will work better for Option. Does this work for the rest of you? Let me know what times you guys have in mind and I'll give Strange a call and see what we can do.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 11-12-2012, 07:29 PM   #84
Hernando
Recipes 

Ok, Trying to get this finalized. Been struggling with this. Do we want earlier around noon or 1? Does thie weekend of the 1st work for everyone or would the 8th be better? I have three that can't do the 1st and I figured this would be the hard part. So, if everyone participating could chime in and let me know, I would greatly appreciate it and it would make it a ton easier for me. I have two people in the Guard that have drill on the 1st and one has to work on the 1st.

Cheers!

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 11-12-2012, 08:37 PM   #85
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I'm still ok with the first, but would just prefer an earlier time. If i have to skip out on the Parade of Darks, then so be it.

I'm also ok with the following weekend

Old 11-13-2012, 07:47 AM   #86
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

I'm good both weekends, and I will work with whatever time you decide. The only hangup I may have is if SWMBO has something going, I lose my designated driver, and will have to drink careful. I can do that, however reluctantly. I cant get a read on her though, at this time, so find what works best for the most and I will work it out.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:50 AM   #87
Option
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Just found out I have to work all day on the 1st and 8th but I should be able to take a hour break and head over there to do the swap around 3. I work around 50hrs a week so I do not expect you to cater to my schedule. Will do my best to make it as easy as possible...just sucks because I really wanted to meet some local guys and talk homebrew. Ow well I will make sure I get off next swap!

Old 11-15-2012, 10:41 PM   #88
Hernando
Recipes 

Okay, I did change to the December 8th at 1 PM. This will allow for a few more people who also helped me kickstart this and unfortunately aren't on this forum make it. It sounds like most are okay with this. The one thing they would liek to know is how many people. I am not sure if you all are bringing friends/family or what not I reserved for 15 to 20 just in case. This also works better for Strange Brewing as they have a big party reserved later, on the 1st which would have limited our time.

I apologize for the change but I appreciate the flexibilty.

Chessking, If you need a DD rde home I can take care of that.

O'tega Labrewtories

Old 11-20-2012, 03:44 AM   #89
Sinkman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I should be in for 1pm on the 8th. My wife has a work party, but I think that is later that evening. Sounds like this could work out well!

Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM   #90
HerbieHowells
Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'll be there. I have a black tie event that night, but the afternoon is clear.

Quick Reply