New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Local 12 beers of Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #21
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Alright, got another buddy at work to join in. So we have 2 beers left and if any of you know someone who maybe interested, let them and myself know.

Finally came up with a name for the Dubbel.
Farty Santa's Belch'em Cherry Dubbel.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2012, 05:11 PM   #22
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I am looking to get a feel for how long to leave the dubbel on the cherries? It's going on 9 days today and some people said a week some people say 2 weeks. Any thoughts?

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 08-29-2012, 05:31 PM   #23
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I did a sour brown w/ cherries and I left it on the cherries (4lbs worth) for 2 weeks. Turned out perfect IMO.

I'm hoping to have the fruitcake old ale brewed middle of next month.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:44 PM   #24
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Cool and thanks. So I'll get that bottled this weekend it will put it just at two weeks. the Cherries caused another blowout but I didn't lose to much, fortunately. This WLP500 is wicked but it is a workhorse.

O'tega Brewing

Old 08-30-2012, 09:28 PM   #25
jscottAT4
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Hey guys, still looking for someone to do the gruit? I am fairly new to AG brewing, having just done by 2nd batch last weekend on a buddies rig, and would gladly take a shot at the christmas gruit.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:32 PM   #26
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Great and welcome aboard jscottAT4. I'll get you that recipe in a minute or two.

O'tega Brewing

Old 09-03-2012, 05:07 AM   #27
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 39 Posts

In case anyone is interested, I kegged the Juniper Rye Bock, and have dropped it to lager temperature. I figure two months and then carb it up. The Juniper is fairly strong now, but I assume that it will mellow over time. Tasted great though. Finished at 1.017 and an ABV of 8.5%.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:26 PM   #28
jscottAT4
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'll be starting the gruit this week, have to assemble ingredients. Anyone have any experience with this style?

Old 09-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #29
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
In case anyone is interested, I kegged the Juniper Rye Bock, and have dropped it to lager temperature. I figure two months and then carb it up. The Juniper is fairly strong now, but I assume that it will mellow over time. Tasted great though. Finished at 1.017 and an ABV of 8.5%.
Awesome! I can't wait to try this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscottAT4 View Post
I'll be starting the gruit this week, have to assemble ingredients. Anyone have any experience with this style?
I unfortunately do not have experience with this style. Hopefully someone can chime in that does.

I bottled the dubbel last night after all the cherries and fermentation I ended with 37 bottles; just enough. There was about 1-2 quarts left int he secondary I couldn't get out because the cherries were clogging the Siphon.

After the secondary on the cherries it came out a bit drier than I thought it would. OG 1.076 FG was 1.010 with an ABV of 8.66%. The taste is good but it will defintely need it's time to mellow out. The color of this beer is fantastic. My bottle caps were marked with a cherry.

If you all are ok with this, I am going to close out the signup since I am lower on bottles than expected. So that will give us 11 beers of Christmas instead of 12. I don't want to short change anyone deadset on 12 beers so if you aren't okay with the 11 let me know and I will throw the few bottles for myself in.
O'tega Brewing

Old 09-05-2012, 05:37 AM   #30
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 54 Times on 39 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post

If you all are ok with this, I am going to close out the signup since I am lower on bottles than expected. So that will give us 11 beers of Christmas instead of 12. I don't want to short change anyone deadset on 12 beers so if you aren't okay with the 11 let me know and I will throw the few bottles for myself in.
Ok with me. I'm pumped that we got to 11.

Quick Reply