Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Local 12 beers of Christmas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #11
Hernando
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Here's the Spiced Cherry Dubbel

cherry-dubsm.jpg  
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 05:24 PM   #12
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Can I get the recipe for Fruitcake Old Ale?

As much as I hate fruitcake, I've never made an Old Ale and it sounds fun.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:39 PM   #13
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riored4v View Post
Can I get the recipe for Fruitcake Old Ale?

As much as I hate fruitcake, I've never made an Old Ale and it sounds fun.
Sent!
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 08-15-2012, 12:46 AM   #14
Option
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would be interested in checking out the spiced bock but it isn't a style I have ever done before...Honestly I just wanted to get into this project because you have Boxers!!! ahhahah

Old 08-15-2012, 05:18 AM   #15
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Option View Post
I would be interested in checking out the spiced bock but it isn't a style I have ever done before...Honestly I just wanted to get into this project because you have Boxers!!! ahhahah
HA! My clown dogs, (that's what they should be called). I noticed yours as well.

I will send you the recipe for the spiced bock and then let me know it that is something you would like to do for sure.
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 08-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #16
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
Sent!
Thanks. I'll get going on it asap

Old 08-21-2012, 05:10 AM   #17
Hernando
Recipes 

Had a great but busy beer weekend. Got the dubbel on the cherries. There have been a few firsts with this batch; first fruit beer, first dubbel. The primary finished out at 1.016 and the sample tasted great. Pretty excited to see how this one turns out as well as the other batches.

image-3699481890.jpg  
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 08-21-2012, 05:40 AM   #18
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

That looks tasty. Did you freeze, then thaw the cherrys before crushing them? The color certainly is appealing.
My bock is still bubbling away in primary. I'm bumping up the temp now about a deg C every 2nd day. At least another week to the diacetyl rest.

img_4430-427x640-.jpg  
Old 08-21-2012, 05:42 AM   #19
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Oh yeah, and I dig that fancy artistic photo collage.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:46 PM   #20
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
That looks tasty. Did you freeze, then thaw the cherrys before crushing them? The color certainly is appealing.
My bock is still bubbling away in primary. I'm bumping up the temp now about a deg C every 2nd day. At least another week to the diacetyl rest.
Yes, I froze them first; the picture in the top left was them frozen. I had spoken to one of the guys at Dry Dock Brewering/Brewhut and he said that freezing won't necessarily kill anything and since I didn't pit my cherries first, the best thing to do is smash them up real good with a potato masher. Add the pectic enzyme and let that do it's thing and wait and then crush some campden tablets and add that. He said to let it sit for 24 hours, out and uncovered and the campden will then evaporate and not affect the bottling. I'm very glad I asked him though because I was just going to throw the cherries in as they were frozen. I must've had the deer in headlights look when he started answering my questions because I really had no idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
Oh yeah, and I dig that fancy artistic photo collage.
I was just trying to capture the different stages without clogging the thread.
O'tega Labrewtories

Quick Reply