Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Denver Area Winter Beer Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-15-2013, 10:45 PM   #11
putorious
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Bottled up the Wee Heavy today, tasted fantastic (IMHO). Came out to 8.1% ABV... now just praying those little yeasties have enough left in them to carb it up in time

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #12
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 108

Awesome!

So, I updated the first thread and will also let you all know here that we are meeting January 11th at 1:00 PM at the Stapleton Taphouse. I also think we have two of the participants that will not be exchanging after all, unfortunately.

My beer is tasting and smelling great but it will need at least 1.5 weeks after the exchange to finish carbing, sorry for the delay. So we can probably do four or five beers if you all would like but let me make sure that those two are out of the exchange. I am looking forward to seeing you all. Cheers!

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 01-03-2014, 12:20 AM   #13
bluehulk
Recipes 

Hoping to brew tommorow am. Been a crazy holiday season how about a coffee oatmeal stout. How many beers should I plan on bringing.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:31 AM   #14
putorious
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Wow... What do you feed your yeast to get them to finish the ferment and clear everything up in 8 days?

Old 01-03-2014, 05:22 PM   #15
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehulk View Post
Hoping to brew tommorow am. Been a crazy holiday season how about a coffee oatmeal stout. How many beers should I plan on bringing.
Well we have seven participants with BlueHulk (welcome aboard, glad to see you've come to your senses ). So does 4 beers sound like a good number or 5?
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 01-03-2014, 05:27 PM   #16
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by putorious View Post
Wow... What do you feed your yeast to get them to finish the ferment and clear everything up in 8 days?
It will be close but if you can pull that off BlueHulk, I would be impressed.
O'tega Brewing

Old 01-03-2014, 05:42 PM   #17
putorious
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post
Well we have seven participants with BlueHulk (welcome aboard, glad to see you've come to your senses ). So does 4 beers sound like a good number or 5?
I'm happy with 4, but 5 works too. I suspect y'all are probably better at brewing than I am, so I was trying to keep the disappointment to a minimum with you having to suffer through 5 of mine

Old 01-04-2014, 10:46 PM   #18
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

I like the 4 number..

Only because mine is so good I'd hate to waste it on you Bozos. However if the consensus is 5 I can work with that.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:47 PM   #19
chessking
Recipes 

I like the 4 number..

Only because mine is so good I'd hate to waste it on you Bozos. However if the consensus is 5 I can work with that.

Just kidding of course, I dig exchanging beers.

Old 01-04-2014, 10:48 PM   #20
chessking
Recipes 

I like the 4 number..

Just kidding of course, I dig exchanging beers.

Edit: Hulk! Where you been hiding?"

Quick Reply