Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Denver Area Winter Beer Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2013, 03:33 PM   #1
Hernando
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Well here it is again, the Denver area beer exchange for those who are interested. We will exchange what ever you feel like brewing or have available as a winter'ish style beer. The date of the exchange will be January 11th. At the Stapleton Taphouse (in Northfield)1:00 PM. I would like to limit this to 12 brewers again and we will exchange 3 beers (if we get 12) for each participant. The amounts of beer exchanged will vary on the number of participants that show up. If you are interested, let me know and also what kind of beer you will be brewing. I am looking forward to another successful season of exchanging. I will have more details posted soon. Participants:

1. Hernando - American Dark Ale.
2. Putorious - Wee Heavy
3. BlueHulk - Coffee Oatmeal Stout
4. Chessking - Vanilla Robust Porter
5. Harry - Winter Red Warmer Reinbeer
6. Bryan - Wheat of Pine
7. Cory - Maple Brown
8. Botigol - Christmas Saison

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Last edited by Hernando; 12-03-2013 at 06:10 PM. Reason: updates

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #2
putorious
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Sounds like fun. I'm in. I'll brew Scottish Wee Heavy. I was thinking a Biere De Garde, but not sure it would be ready (carbed) by January...

Last edited by putorious; 11-12-2013 at 05:34 PM. Reason: changed kind of beer.

Old 11-14-2013, 12:37 AM   #3
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 58 Times on 41 Posts

Put me down for a Vanilla Robust Porter. I will brew this weekend.

Old 11-26-2013, 09:21 PM   #4
Hernando
Recipes 

Alright, I am picking up my ingredients this week and will get to brewing this weekend. Been tweaking and playing with some recipes.

The wee heavy sounds pretty good and I am looking forward to trying that vanilla porter.
I didn't realize till today that I missed home brewers night at the Brewhut, did you guys go?

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #5
chessking
Recipes 

I always go. The crowd was smaller, probably due to the weather. I saw BlueHulk there and he is thinking about getting in on this swap. Not sure yet. I told him to man up.

Old 11-27-2013, 03:46 PM   #6
putorious
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

The Wee Heavy is currently Fermenting... Hopefully it comes out good. The wort tasted fantastic. My only hope is that it carbs up in time. I don't have a system to do force carbing, so all my stuff is bottle conditioned. Provided my FG hit's where it should, I should be around 8.7% ABV, might be cutting it close for carb time (so save mine for last .

The BrewHut is quite a haul for me, so I don't make it over there that often.

Old 11-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by putorious View Post
The Wee Heavy is currently Fermenting... Hopefully it comes out good. The wort tasted fantastic. My only hope is that it carbs up in time. I don't have a system to do force carbing, so all my stuff is bottle conditioned. Provided my FG hit's where it should, I should be around 8.7% ABV, might be cutting it close for carb time (so save mine for last .

The BrewHut is quite a haul for me, so I don't make it over there that often.
Oh, I think for the most part we are patient and can wait to let it carb. My last batch had to carb another week after the swap and I let everyone know.
O'tega Brewing

Old 11-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #8
chessking
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by putorious View Post
My only hope is that it carbs up in time. I don't have a system to do force carbing, so all my stuff is bottle conditioned. Provided my FG hit's where it should, I should be around 8.7% ABV, might be cutting it close for carb time (so save mine for last .
I still have one bottle each from last the Christmas exchange. Patience I got.

Old 12-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #9
Hernando
Recipes 

I have a few bottles left. not many though. I just finished my last Juniper Rye last weekend. It was a bittersweet day.

O'tega Brewing

Old 12-11-2013, 07:05 AM   #10
chessking
Recipes 

Vanilla Porter is in the keg and cold conditioning. Smells great.

Quick Reply