Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Den: Beer Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2013, 09:03 PM   #21
ajm163
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

I know it is late in the game but my berliner came out just plain bad (first beer i have had to dump in 8 years). I also have nothing to swap in for it so I am going to have to pull out of the swapping fun. sorry guys

My Brew Blog
http://angryocelotbrewing.blogspot.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #22
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm163 View Post
I know it is late in the game but my berliner came out just plain bad (first beer i have had to dump in 8 years). I also have nothing to swap in for it so I am going to have to pull out of the swapping fun. sorry guys
Bummer, well maybe next time.

I would be up for sometime after 8, maybe between 8-8:30???
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 07-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #23
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

I unfortunatley have to be up in Greeley by that time. Early afternoon would work out best for me.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:04 PM   #24
Sinkman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I am having no luck swapping hours and may not be available until after 10 now. Also, I'll have to give you my Wit experiment instead of the session IPA. I brewed two wits, one with commercial yeast, and another with a yeast I isolated off a Palisade peach last year.

The wild yeast seems to demonstrate some pretty decent Belgian character in testing. The Belgian pale I made last year did pretty well in competition.

Anyway, if there's a definite time everybody is getting together, I will find a way to deliver beer to you!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:53 PM   #25
Hernando
Recipes 

Okay well it looks like early afternoon will work best for most. Lets shoot for 1 PM meet time at prost. If you need me to help with the swap due to not being able to make it, let me know ASAP and I can work something out with you.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 PM   #26
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Sounds good. See you guys at 1pm

Old 07-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #27
Sinkman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

Sorry I can't be there everybody. Sounds like it will be a great day. A few instructions come with my brews, so I figured I would just post it here.

My two brews are labeled with a 1 and A. One is brewed with White Labs Wit yeast and the other with the wild yeast I harvested from Palisade peaches. It's all the same batch of wort, just split in two.

I have already formed some opinions on the differences between the two, but I am very interested in yours as well. Please feel free to let me know what you think of each. I'll post the recipe soon and let you know which yeast is which.

Have a great weekend! I can't wait to try all of your brews as well!

Old 08-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #28
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Looking forward to trying these beers. I might try openiing a few of them this weekend.

Side note.. but the Cucumber beer I donated for the swap just won the Pro-Am competition at Denver Beer Co. Pretty stoked about it!

Old 08-09-2013, 04:22 PM   #29
MagicalBeerMan
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I found this post a few months late. Count me in for next time?

Old 08-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #30
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riored4v View Post
Looking forward to trying these beers. I might try openiing a few of them this weekend.

Side note.. but the Cucumber beer I donated for the swap just won the Pro-Am competition at Denver Beer Co. Pretty stoked about it!
Congrats on the Cuke! So what does this mean for you, GABF or do you get to cook at their brewery (Sorry to much Breaking Bad)?

Magical beer man: We will defintiely keep you posted for the next exchange. It will most likely be a christmas exhange.
O'tega Labrewtories

Quick Reply