Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Den: Beer Exchange

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-05-2013, 01:53 PM   #11
riored4v
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Well my keg of Cuke kicked during bottling. I'll be able to pull off 20 bottles of it, so for I'll likely do 2 bottles of Cucumber Pale Ale and 1 bottle of Rye Pale Ale for each person (since we have 10 people).

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-14-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 107

Love Rye beers so that sounds great.

My beer will be bottled this weekend. I haven't given it the taste test yet but I will be doing that tonight. I am getting pretty excited about this again. To that, CHEERS!

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 06-24-2013, 03:27 AM   #13
bluehulk
Recipes 

New on homebrewtalk but very interested. I have a dry hopped dry seated black Ipa. Do people bring recipes wit this too

Old 06-24-2013, 04:43 PM   #14
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluehulk View Post
New on homebrewtalk but very interested. I have a dry hopped dry seated black Ipa. Do people bring recipes wit this too
Hi and welcome to HBT. I'll throw you on the list but please read my PM. We haven't done recipes in the past and it isn't a requirement but if anyone wants to add or bring their recipe with their beer that would be pretty cool.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 06-24-2013, 05:27 PM   #15
Hernando
Recipes 

Okay, I contacted Prost brewing and they are more than happy to accomodate our beer swap. As before, there is absolutely no opening of our bottles on their premises as they could lose their license.

What we don't have as of yet is a time. If there is a time on that day you can not attend, please let me know. I can't accomodate everyone but I am damn well going to try. If for whatever reason you can't make it on the time soon to be established, let me know ahead of time and I will do my best to work something out with you.

O'tega Brewing

Old 07-02-2013, 01:55 AM   #16
bluehulk
Recipes 

Well Naptime for the two kids under 3 is 1-4. probably the best time for me. I am going to run out of my Black IPA or only have enough for one bear and then am going to brew another tomorrow or the third. Any votes between sessionable Tropical White IPA or a two hearted ale clone.

Finally Dry Dock is also a great option because you can always but new supplies at the brew hut too.

Old 07-03-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Hernando
Recipes 

I have your times noted. I haven't heard of any other preferences for times from anyone else.

Either of those options sound pretty good.

My original Belgian Blonde failed to ferment with WY1762. It stopped after chewing through .02 points. I added some hydrated Belle Saison and it was just not doing anyting and I had no yeast cake to pitch on. I couldn't figure out what the hell went wrong with it as that Abbey yeast is a beast. I found that my temp controller isn't calibrated (just a very very minor oversight on my part)and was under temp by 11C. so I killed my yeast with heat.

I am gladly reporting that the temp controller is calibrated now. Batch 2 is going and will be done on time. It may need a week or so in the bottle, after the exchange, to carb but at least I'll have beer. As for the stuck batch, it has been infected and is happily bubbling away. We'll see what I get of this one next year.

O'tega Brewing

Old 07-04-2013, 12:29 AM   #18
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 59 Times on 42 Posts

I'm good for any time in the afternoon/evening, so remove me from your list of unknowns.

Old 07-05-2013, 12:50 PM   #19
Sinkman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I think I will give a shot at a session IPA or whatever you would like to call it. I have some Calypso hops I really want to try out. Downside is that I work at 1pm on the 27th. I will ask around and see if I can swap shifts. If so, I can be around from 4 on.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:52 PM   #20
bluehulk
Recipes 

I will need to leave between 3 and 4 at the latest. If someone is in aurora and willing to exchange for me that could work too. Otherwise I could do after 8. I will have 3 beers. A black Ipa and a two hearted clone with citrus zest and Atwood hearted clone with peppers

Quick Reply