Den: Beer Exchange

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hernando

Reaction score
Just checking to see if there is any interest in doing a beer exchange? Currently we have 10 brewers that are a definite yes. We have successfully done a Christmas exchange and would like to get a summer exchange going. We would like to go with a Summer'ish style beer exchange. We are looking at capping the amount of participants to 12 as this gives us a good number of beers to swap (exchange 3 beers per brewer), and if something were to go wrong with your batch and you end up with less beer then expected, (Don't ask how I know) then you should still have just enough to get you through the swap.

Below is a list of the brewers that are already on board. Please let me know if you are interested and what kind of beer you will be brewing. We are looking to doing the swap July 27 at PROST Brewing at 1 P.M.. We will do the exchange at a local brewery so we can have some libations after we do the exchange.

1.) Chessking - Rye Lager
2.) Bryan - Lemon Pils
3.) Harry - White Wit
4.) Hernando - Bruges'd Ego Belgian Blonde
5.) Riored4v - Cucumber Pale Ale
6.) Tyler - Apricot blonde
7.) Mrhalfstash - Summer Saison
8.) Sinkman - X-Wit
9.) bluehulk - TBD

Thanks Brian for doing this. Worked out great last time.

I already have my beer in the lagering stage and with a couple of months to cold condition it should be timed exactly right.

We will start with 3 bottles per person, like last time; if we get less than 12 people, we can adjust accordingly.

Sounds good. I might be down to participate with my Cucumber Pale Ale. I'm still getting settled in to my new place and wont really be able to brew anything in time, so I'm hoping I have enough in the keg to bottle up and share.

Sounds great! I have been slacking on my brewing duties of late. Too much yard work to ignore. If I can get it in early enough, I would love to make my kölsch. Otherwise, I may try my cream ale or my mango wheat. I'll decide soon. Probably.

Well my keg of Cuke kicked during bottling. I'll be able to pull off 20 bottles of it, so for I'll likely do 2 bottles of Cucumber Pale Ale and 1 bottle of Rye Pale Ale for each person (since we have 10 people).

Love Rye beers so that sounds great.

My beer will be bottled this weekend. I haven't given it the taste test yet but I will be doing that tonight. I am getting pretty excited about this again. To that, CHEERS!

New on homebrewtalk but very interested. I have a dry hopped dry seated black Ipa. Do people bring recipes wit this too

New on homebrewtalk but very interested. I have a dry hopped dry seated black Ipa. Do people bring recipes wit this too

Hi and welcome to HBT. I'll throw you on the list but please read my PM. We haven't done recipes in the past and it isn't a requirement but if anyone wants to add or bring their recipe with their beer that would be pretty cool.

Okay, I contacted Prost brewing and they are more than happy to accomodate our beer swap. As before, there is absolutely no opening of our bottles on their premises as they could lose their license.

What we don't have as of yet is a time. If there is a time on that day you can not attend, please let me know. I can't accomodate everyone but I am damn well going to try. If for whatever reason you can't make it on the time soon to be established, let me know ahead of time and I will do my best to work something out with you.

Well Naptime for the two kids under 3 is 1-4. probably the best time for me. I am going to run out of my Black IPA or only have enough for one bear and then am going to brew another tomorrow or the third. Any votes between sessionable Tropical White IPA or a two hearted ale clone.

Finally Dry Dock is also a great option because you can always but new supplies at the brew hut too.

I have your times noted. I haven't heard of any other preferences for times from anyone else.

Either of those options sound pretty good.

My original Belgian Blonde failed to ferment with WY1762. It stopped after chewing through .02 points. I added some hydrated Belle Saison and it was just not doing anyting and I had no yeast cake to pitch on. I couldn't figure out what the hell went wrong with it as that Abbey yeast is a beast. I found that my temp controller isn't calibrated (just a very very minor oversight on my part)and was under temp by 11C. so I killed my yeast with heat.

I am gladly reporting that the temp controller is calibrated now. Batch 2 is going and will be done on time. It may need a week or so in the bottle, after the exchange, to carb but at least I'll have beer. As for the stuck batch, it has been infected and is happily bubbling away. We'll see what I get of this one next year.

I think I will give a shot at a session IPA or whatever you would like to call it. I have some Calypso hops I really want to try out. Downside is that I work at 1pm on the 27th. I will ask around and see if I can swap shifts. If so, I can be around from 4 on.

I will need to leave between 3 and 4 at the latest. If someone is in aurora and willing to exchange for me that could work too. Otherwise I could do after 8. I will have 3 beers. A black Ipa and a two hearted clone with citrus zest and Atwood hearted clone with peppers

I know it is late in the game but my berliner came out just plain bad (first beer i have had to dump in 8 years). I also have nothing to swap in for it so I am going to have to pull out of the swapping fun. sorry guys

I know it is late in the game but my berliner came out just plain bad (first beer i have had to dump in 8 years). I also have nothing to swap in for it so I am going to have to pull out of the swapping fun. sorry guys
Bummer, well maybe next time.

I would be up for sometime after 8, maybe between 8-8:30???

I unfortunatley have to be up in Greeley by that time. Early afternoon would work out best for me.

I am having no luck swapping hours and may not be available until after 10 now. Also, I'll have to give you my Wit experiment instead of the session IPA. I brewed two wits, one with commercial yeast, and another with a yeast I isolated off a Palisade peach last year.

The wild yeast seems to demonstrate some pretty decent Belgian character in testing. The Belgian pale I made last year did pretty well in competition.

Anyway, if there's a definite time everybody is getting together, I will find a way to deliver beer to you!

Okay well it looks like early afternoon will work best for most. Lets shoot for 1 PM meet time at prost. If you need me to help with the swap due to not being able to make it, let me know ASAP and I can work something out with you.

Sorry I can't be there everybody. Sounds like it will be a great day. A few instructions come with my brews, so I figured I would just post it here.

My two brews are labeled with a 1 and A. One is brewed with White Labs Wit yeast and the other with the wild yeast I harvested from Palisade peaches. It's all the same batch of wort, just split in two.

I have already formed some opinions on the differences between the two, but I am very interested in yours as well. Please feel free to let me know what you think of each. I'll post the recipe soon and let you know which yeast is which.

Have a great weekend! I can't wait to try all of your brews as well!

Looking forward to trying these beers. I might try openiing a few of them this weekend.

Side note.. but the Cucumber beer I donated for the swap just won the Pro-Am competition at Denver Beer Co. Pretty stoked about it!

Looking forward to trying these beers. I might try openiing a few of them this weekend.

Side note.. but the Cucumber beer I donated for the swap just won the Pro-Am competition at Denver Beer Co. Pretty stoked about it!

Congrats on the Cuke! So what does this mean for you, GABF or do you get to cook at their brewery (Sorry to much Breaking Bad)?

Magical beer man: We will defintiely keep you posted for the next exchange. It will most likely be a christmas exhange.

Congrats on the Cuke! So what does this mean for you, GABF or do you get to cook at their brewery (Sorry to much Breaking Bad)?

Magical beer man: We will defintiely keep you posted for the next exchange. It will most likely be a christmas exhange.

To my understanding I'll get to cook at their brewery, have the beer on tap, and then also have it available at GABF.:ban:

For those interested, The Cuke that I included in this trade will be on tap at Denver Beer Co starting this weekend.:mug:

Hi all, Just started brewing in July (jumped in with both feet and have been doing all grain since the beginning). If anyone plans on doing a Christmas exchange, I'd be interested in getting in on this too.

Back