The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Considering a homebrew club..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2012, 06:44 AM   #21
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent_in_Aurora View Post
I have a bunch of inventory, if anyone wants to trade. I am in southeast Aurora.

Rye Stout
Dry stout (more like guiness)
Caramel IPA with all home grown hops (Centennial and Cascade)
last year's Quadrupel Belgian
Apricot Ale from Williams
misc IPAs from last year
I would be interested. My stout isn't quite ready maybe in a week or two. And I have an IPA that is ready. I am getting ready to go on a backpacking trip and I will get in touch with you once I return.I don't have a huge pipeline as of yet but I am working on it.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2012, 03:09 AM   #22
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 57 Times on 41 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by riored4v View Post
Wanting to try and get out and meet some new people in the community but also want to gain some additional knowledge so I figured it might be time to check out some homebrew clubs. Are there any out there in the Aurora area?
If your still interested, I'm planning to go to the home brewers nite at the Brew Hut in Aurora. Thursday 20 Sept from 6pm to 9pm. Bring some of your beers and taste some of mine. Ive never been, but the guys tell me its a great time to talk brewing, and share each others product. Even if you don't have any ready, come anyway. Its a chance to meet and talk to people who think beer. I will be the guy with the stupid look on my face wearing a Pink Floyd t-shirt.

Edit: This is not exactly a club, just a get together W/ no pressure.

Old 09-18-2012, 02:32 AM   #23
Brent_in_Aurora
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I was planning to be there. I will be wearing a smiley face tie dye and an Indiana U hat. What beers should I bring?

Old 09-18-2012, 03:41 AM   #24
cublue
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I too will be there. Sorry I don't have a wardrobe picked out ( but will probably be wearing some type of Cubs shirt or hat), but I will answer to the name Jeb. I will be bringing a brown ale that I liked when it was younger, but is now a bit bitter and dry. Not astringent, I think, just off on the recipe. Might also bring my October beer(not a true marzen). Pale won't be ready yet, just bottled an hour ago, but I look forward to trying other locals. I just started in June, so still working out some kinks! So be kind! It'll be my first "public" showing.

Old 09-20-2012, 09:23 PM   #25
Brent_in_Aurora
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I am not feeling great today, so I am not going to stay very long. I will have some brews to trade, though.

I stayed longer as I having some excellent samples. If anyone wants a centennial hops clipping, I am near Dry Dock. Thx to Chessking for bringing some tasty trades.

Old 09-21-2012, 04:24 PM   #26
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Ah man I just got back in to town and am bummed I missed this. Maybe next time.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 09-21-2012, 07:51 PM   #27
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Didnt follow up on this thread, but I ended up going to homebrewers night yesterday. Was a good time for sure.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:03 AM   #28
Brent_in_Aurora
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

the next one is November 15 starting at 6 pm

Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 PM   #29
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Cool, I'll try and make that one. Is there usually a big turnout for this and how many bottles do you guys normally take?

O'tega Brewing

Old 10-18-2012, 06:09 PM   #30
Brent_in_Aurora
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I took a few bottles. There are plenty of folks in attendence, but the general rule is a small taste. If you want to trade, let me know and I will bring some for trade, too.

Quick Reply