New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Considering a homebrew club..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2012, 02:39 AM   #11
cublue
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking

I don't mean to horn in, but I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this action if we could avoid the postage. Just swap locally? And if only five or six do it you could up it to a six pack each. Just thinking.
That sounds completely do-able. It is really Hernando's call.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #12
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 103

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessking View Post
I don't mean to horn in, but I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this action if we could avoid the postage. Just swap locally? And if only five or six do it you could up it to a six pack each. Just thinking.
This is exactly what and why we are doing this locally. Nobody want to drop $100+ in shipping. Currently there are 4 of us and my batch is already fermenting. I can PM you later with the remaining beers for you to choose from.

Glad you horned in! Just FYI (beware!) most of us are in our early stages of our brewing hobby.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 08-09-2012, 01:07 PM   #13
Sinkman
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I am definitely down for a local 12 beers of Christmas. Does anyone have an idea about what they would like to brew? Some of them should be in a carboy soon.

I live in Golden and have also had some trouble getting into a club. Most of the clubs that meet nearby or fit my schedule seem to have stopped updating their pages. The bigger clubs like Foam on the Range don't fit into my schedule or require a bit more of a driving commitment than I would like.

Anybody interested in meeting someplace in Denver? There are plenty of breweries that would accommodate a small club, I'm sure.

Old 08-09-2012, 04:04 PM   #14
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkman View Post
I am definitely down for a local 12 beers of Christmas. Does anyone have an idea about what they would like to brew? Some of them should be in a carboy soon.

I live in Golden and have also had some trouble getting into a club. Most of the clubs that meet nearby or fit my schedule seem to have stopped updating their pages. The bigger clubs like Foam on the Range don't fit into my schedule or require a bit more of a driving commitment than I would like.

Anybody interested in meeting someplace in Denver? There are plenty of breweries that would accommodate a small club, I'm sure.
Hey Sinkman it would be great to have you along. The majority that are in so far just started brewing this year so they are up for a challenge and enjoying it. I will post a new thread ( http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f227/local-12-beers-christmas-346641/ )for this as I unintentionally jacked this thread so my apologies OP, Riored4v. With a list of what's taken and available. I think the majority of us live close or near Aurora but I am sure we can find a common meeting place.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Brewing

Old 08-09-2012, 08:25 PM   #15
Sinkman
Recipes 

Thanks. Un-derailed. Still throwing that out there, though. I know Great Divide does a monthly meeting with a brewer where they bring out a few experiments and encourage discussion. Usually degrades into a bunch of people talking, but if you work at it, it can be a great experience. That could be a good place to start, club-wise.

Old 08-10-2012, 06:47 PM   #16
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinkman View Post
Thanks. Un-derailed. Still throwing that out there, though. I know Great Divide does a monthly meeting with a brewer where they bring out a few experiments and encourage discussion. Usually degrades into a bunch of people talking, but if you work at it, it can be a great experience. That could be a good place to start, club-wise.
That actually sounds like a pretty cool and like a fun thing to do.
O'tega Brewing

Old 08-10-2012, 07:04 PM   #17
cublue
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Hi.
Not ignoring. Just considering what style to do. The weather is not agreeing with the beer I want to make. Too hot! But sounds cool!

Old 08-14-2012, 03:15 PM   #18
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Might be in for this as well. I've been brewing for a little over 5 years now, but i'm certainly trying to keep growing and expanding.

Old 08-14-2012, 03:43 PM   #19
Hernando
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

It would be great to have you along. Just check the thread if you are interested and let me know which one you would like to try.

O'tega Brewing

Old 09-12-2012, 05:37 PM   #20
Brent_in_Aurora
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I have a bunch of inventory, if anyone wants to trade. I am in southeast Aurora.

Rye Stout
Dry stout (more like guiness)
Caramel IPA with all home grown hops (Centennial and Cascade)
last year's Quadrupel Belgian
Apricot Ale from Williams
misc IPAs from last year

Quick Reply