Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Colorado HomeBrew Forum > Considering a homebrew club..

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2012, 08:03 PM   #1
riored4v
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Default Considering a homebrew club..

Wanting to try and get out and meet some new people in the community but also want to gain some additional knowledge so I figured it might be time to check out some homebrew clubs. Are there any out there in the Aurora area?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-27-2012, 08:22 PM   #2
Hernando
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 109

Check in withthe brewhut, they have postings and info about the local brew clubs there. They also have meetups where you bring 2-4 beers and share them with other Homebrewers get feedback and stuff like that. The last one they had was last Thurs. I was planning on going but other things came up in the family life.

"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 07-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #3
knuckleheadbrewing
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 35

i'd highly recommend joining a homebrew club if you have one local....GREAT TIME! GREAT PEOPLE!

Fermenter 1: Anarchy Red IPA
Fermenter 2:
Fermenter 3:
Fermenter 4:
Kegged/Bottled:
Coming Soon:Strawbeery Blond, Westmalle Triple Clone
www.facebook.com/knuckleheadbrewing
www.knuckleheadbrewing.com

Old 07-27-2012, 08:39 PM   #4
riored4v
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts

Somehow I keep missing the gatherings at brew hut, and i always keep meaning to do them. Kinda wished they were more often.

I'll have to check their board next time I'm in there.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:15 PM   #5
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

This is a great resource for anything homebrew.

http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...es/find-a-club

Old 08-05-2012, 08:26 PM   #6
cublue
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Next homebrew night at the brew hut is Sept 19th. They only do it every couple months, late in the month, on thursdays. I, too, would like to meet up with other homebrewers, maybe something more informal. I only started in June.
--Jeb

Old 08-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #7
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by riored4v View Post
Somehow I keep missing the gatherings at brew hut, and i always keep meaning to do them. Kinda wished they were more often.

I'll have to check their board next time I'm in there.
It's easier if you signup for their mailing list. They don't send a lot of crap like other places do and you'll also get updated on the events.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cublue View Post
Next homebrew night at the brew hut is Sept 19th. They only do it every couple months, late in the month, on thursdays. I, too, would like to meet up with other homebrewers, maybe something more informal. I only started in June.
--Jeb

This is how I feel. Probably for different reasons then you. I have been brewing for a year now but I have been a bit too self-concious to actually go to a brew club.

I'll have to put Sept. 19th on the calendar, although I think that's when my backpacking trip is scheduled.
"Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed. Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, it is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." --Jack Handey
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 08-07-2012, 12:27 AM   #8
cublue
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando

This is how I feel. Probably for different reasons then you. I have been brewing for a year now but I have been a bit too self-concious to actually go to a brew club.
Haha, not even sure my own reasons. I have been brewing for about 2 months. Kit, to extract, to partial/steep, now all grain. But I do not have the time, energy, interest, nor funds to start messing with water chemistry.

All my friends are either BMC drinkers or don't drink beer at all, so cannot really trust their opinions on my beer.

Old 08-07-2012, 03:41 PM   #9
Hernando
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cublue View Post
But I do not have the time, energy, nor funds...
This is why I don't want to commit to a club yet

I have a hard time trusting friends or families' opinion as I always feel they are just being "nice'. I do think my beer (well most of it) is drinkable and pretty damn good but I am always my worst critic. Also with being new, I don't think I have the experience to know when off flavors are present in beers, maybe I would if I tasted them???

Well if any of you want to get together, informally sometime, I am sure we can work out something. I only have a Pale Ale that I am really not sure about but will be happy to share it and would love feedback. My dubbel won't be ready till around Christmas. And I need to get something else going but not sure what yet.

On the Christmas note, we are doing the 12 beers of Christmas but locally, if you have any interest let me know. There are only 4 of us so currently the four beers of Christmas but we would love to get a few more peeps involved.
O'tega Labrewtories

Old 08-08-2012, 01:15 AM   #10
chessking
Recipes 

Liked 60 Times on 43 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hernando View Post

On the Christmas note, we are doing the 12 beers of Christmas but locally, if you have any interest let me know. There are only 4 of us so currently the four beers of Christmas but we would love to get a few more peeps involved.
I don't mean to horn in, but I wouldn't mind getting in on some of this action if we could avoid the postage. Just swap locally? And if only five or six do it you could up it to a six pack each. Just thinking.

Quick Reply