Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Iowa HomeBrew Forum > Great pub in central Iowa

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2007, 06:56 AM   #11
robnog
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakebone
Bottom line, no repeat business from locals.
Actually, there is a lot of repeat business from the locals... unfortunately it is from those that are 18-20. At night, bricktown has become one of the big underage drinking bars in Dubuque, which is sad, because when they opened they were all about the beers they brewed. Then they realized there was more money in selling crap beer to young kids packed into a loud cellar.

I grew up in Dubuque and my family still lives there and I used to enjoy going to bricktown when I visited. Not any more.

BTW, the best brewery in Iowa was Stone City brewery in Solon, Iowa. They closed a few years ago, which was sad because their Artist Colony Ale was one of my all time favorite beers.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2007, 03:09 AM   #12
Snakebone
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by robnog
Actually, there is a lot of repeat business from the locals... unfortunately it is from those that are 18-20. At night, bricktown has become one of the big underage drinking bars in Dubuque, which is sad, because when they opened they were all about the beers they brewed. Then they realized there was more money in selling crap beer to young kids packed into a loud cellar.

I grew up in Dubuque and my family still lives there and I used to enjoy going to bricktown when I visited. Not any more.

BTW, the best brewery in Iowa was Stone City brewery in Solon, Iowa. They closed a few years ago, which was sad because their Artist Colony Ale was one of my all time favorite beers.
I'm from Dubuque also and still have family there. My friends are mostly in their early forties and laugh about the place. They are losing out on alot of business from these guys and gals.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply