Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Minnesota HomeBrew Forum > 3rd Annual N. St. Paul Brew Together

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2009, 03:13 AM   #1
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Default 3rd Annual N. St. Paul Brew Together

It's that time again....

When: 16 January 2010 morning til... who knows?

Where: Seabee John's place; N. St. Paul Minnesota - PM for directions

What: Brewing beer, drinking beer, eating food, enjoying conversation

Who: any Brewer or aspiring brewer that can make it.

What to bring: you, your brew rig (hook ups for 110 or 220) & propane. Bring your homebrew to share (keg taps available)

Cost: TBD we are bringing in a smoker early the day before to prepare some delicious pig. cost will cover food, drink, & equipment rental (tent, porta john - if needed) If you are bringing homebrew to share, your cost will be reduced

If you can, bring someone interested in brewing. Don't have a brewrig? bring supplies (and a carboy) and brew on one of our rigs. Extract setups available as well.

RSVP by PM with a guest count (or post in this thread) so we have an accurate amount food, brewing space, beer etc. Please note in RSVP if you are bringing a brewrig, if you need power, and how much space is needed.

Here's to seeing good friends again, making new ones, and great brewdays!

-John

** some of last years crew **

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Where's my beer. I know I left it around here somewhere.....
Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown
Primary:empty

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-14-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
fink100
Recipes 

My wife and I are sad to miss this event but look forward to the next home brew gathering. Thanks for the invite.

Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #3
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Ok, here's the latest update:

At present, we'll have about 25 of us present throughout the day. Of that, we'll have two "Brutus Ten" all grain brewing systems, Slnies' BCS-460 RiMS system, and my humble RiMS, of these, 3 of them will be available to brew on. Just PM me if you are interested.

A few new additions this year including My nephew Curt with his smoker cooking up both "Porky and Bambi". A couple of new extract brewers trying their hand, and of course, I roped Tim (08's Minnesota State Fair Best of show winner) into joining us again to share tips, taste your brew, and rip mine to shreds....

We've got the costs down as well:

$15 bucks for all you can eat/drink
$5 bucks if you are going to brew (my wife sees the power & water bills)
-$5 Bucks if you are bringing some homebrew to sample - I really want to encourage people to bring samples of their brew - even if it's just a six pack - this is the place and time to get an honest review of your brew - so, bring some beer, and we'll knock $5 off the cost.

Really, think about it... 15 bucks for dinner and beer? where you going to find that? Maybe someplace that serves bud light lime.....

Hope you can join us

-John

Mom was right. Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Kegged/Drinking:Nihilistic Integrity - Black IPA, #1 BIAB pale ale, Bells Two Hearted - yes a keg of the real stuff
Kegged/Conditioning:Wally N Seans Braggot, Emerald Eyes - Irish Red, Atomic Tsunami - brown

Old 12-24-2009, 11:12 AM   #4
thataintchicken
The good ideas will survive.
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1264 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 6

my cousin ( a cop ) lives near Minneapolis. He is interested in Homebrew after my chats with him.
I may direct him to you if that is cool.

let me know.

Ginger, how long should I boil these crab legs for? I want them to fall off the bone just like Texas pork ribs. - Ace Club

I'm a meat hunter. - AZ_IPA

Their new commercial sounds lime the crazy fiat music.- Zuljin

Old 12-30-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
MNBugeater

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I plan on bringing my full rig also a Brutus 10 design. Ill bring enougm supply to brew 2 10 gallon batches, time permitting.

On Tap: Blonde Ale, Apfelwein, Cinnamon Apfelwein, Amber Ale, Irish Red
Bottled: Porter, Wheat, Barleywine, Cranberry Apfelwein, Amber Ale
Buy Bugeater Brewery Gear

Old 12-31-2009, 04:28 AM   #6
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

it's shaping up to be a great day!

Old 01-11-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Just a Bump for any last minute folks interested in joining us.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:03 AM   #8
truse
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hey, I am available on Sat and just caught this thread. My rig is not portable (at least not yet), but I'd like to join to observe and and I can bring a corny of one of my two extract brews that are conditioned.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #9
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by truse View Post
Hey, I am available on Sat and just caught this thread. My rig is not portable (at least not yet), but I'd like to join to observe and and I can bring a corny of one of my two extract brews that are conditioned.
Sounds great! you are more than welcome. If you'd like, bring a carboy, and supplies, and we'll get you in on a 10 gallon batch on one of our rigs with another brewer. PM me for more info

-j

Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 AM   #10
Seabee John
Swing the BIG hammer

Recipes 

On another note, there will be components of brew rigs past (or future) on hand if anyone is looking to purchase equipment. Nicksteck has a full gravity feed All Grain system from midwest for sale (coolers & polar ware kettle), I've got a cooler style MLT I'd part with, along with a sanke keg or two I'd let go for an aspiring all grain brewer.

Quick Reply