Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Nebraska HomeBrew Forum > First!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #71
dpatrickv
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 48 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebstock View Post
I went the opposite direction. Moved from Omaha to an acreage in the hills 9 years ago or so. Know many people that brew in our general region?
Not anybody at all actually. Most people I brew with are more 144th and maple area or further west/south. I've been brewing in my garage the last few batches though. Are you a part of any homebrew clubs?
Kegged
Summer Session #1 - Summer Session #2 - Hakuna Matata Strawberry Saison - Dank You Very Much IIPA - NZ Saison
Primary/Secondary
Sidelined Short Bus
On Deck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-18-2013, 01:41 PM   #72
davebstock
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

Not a member anywhere. Saw the railroaders. Might join that. I jave a brother and a couple friends that brew buy so far have only done extract. I'm learning about all grain and want to buy the equipment.

1 Timothy 5:23

Old 01-18-2013, 02:43 PM   #73
dpatrickv
Recipes 

Come to some railroaders meetings. We hold monthly meetings/competitions that offer free beer and free critiques for beer brought it. http://www.railroadersbrewclub.com/

Our next meeting is at the Lauter Tun on the 31st. Come out, meet some people, and drink some beer.

Kegged
Summer Session #1 - Summer Session #2 - Hakuna Matata Strawberry Saison - Dank You Very Much IIPA - NZ Saison
Primary/Secondary
Sidelined Short Bus
On Deck

Old 01-18-2013, 04:21 PM   #74
davebstock
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

I marked my calendar and will be there. Ive been wanting to go to the Lauter Tun. Been there? I invited brew friends.

1 Timothy 5:23

Old 01-18-2013, 06:22 PM   #75
dpatrickv
Recipes 

Yeah, I've been there quite a bit. Nice atmosphere, good variety of beers. If you have some beer, feel free to bring a 6 pack for our best damn beer competition as you don't need to be a member to enter into it. No prizes for it, but good way to get some feedback. I might have a beer there for BDB but I'm not sure yet.

Kegged
Primary/Secondary
Sidelined Short Bus
On Deck

Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 AM   #76
BrewerE
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCasper View Post
Close, I'm at 156th and Dodge.
as am I....

I have my 2nd batch 'cooking' now and am trying to decide on a 3rd...
Gonna stay extract/grain for a while as I have enough hobbies (and kids) to spend money on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpatrickv View Post
Come to some railroaders meetings. We hold monthly meetings/competitions that offer free beer and free critiques for beer brought it. http://www.railroadersbrewclub.com/

Our next meeting is at the Lauter Tun on the 31st. Come out, meet some people, and drink some beer.
I see the next meeting is on my Bday.....may have to swing by (wanted to check that place out anyway)

Old 01-26-2013, 02:55 AM   #77
Lane1
Recipes 

138th & Harrison. I'm a week away from bottling my first batch.

Old 01-27-2013, 11:16 AM   #78
beowulf
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 25

West Omaha here...168th and Maple area. No club affiliation yet, but I've met several of the Railroaders who are great people. Lots of good folks in the other clubs as well. AG brewing for 3 years or so...about 60 batches.

I really enjoy pouring at the beer festivals such as the Homebrewers Fest, Holiday Beerfest, etc... Really neat events here in Omaha. Great opportunity to share with folks who really appreciate good beer. You're giving away an entire batch at each one, though, so that does get a little old after awhile.

I could murder a pint! -Lovejoy

Old 01-28-2013, 11:28 AM   #79
dpatrickv
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by beowulf View Post
West Omaha here...168th and Maple area. No club affiliation yet, but I've met several of the Railroaders who are great people. Lots of good folks in the other clubs as well. AG brewing for 3 years or so...about 60 batches.

I really enjoy pouring at the beer festivals such as the Homebrewers Fest, Holiday Beerfest, etc... Really neat events here in Omaha. Great opportunity to share with folks who really appreciate good beer. You're giving away an entire batch at each one, though, so that does get a little old after awhile.
I understand the whole giving away a full batch thing. It does get old after awhile. I'll be pouring two batches for extreme beer fest coming up and another batch is dedicated to the Empyrean beer quest competition.
Kegged
Primary/Secondary
Sidelined Short Bus
On Deck

Old 01-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #80
Vlaktor
Recipes 

It doesn't really get old for me, but it sure as heck does get costly!!! I poured at eight or so events last year and have 13 scheduled for this year. The feedback is well worth it to me, but my wallet still hates me.

Quick Reply