Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > North Dakota HomeBrew Forum > Calling All ND Brewers!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2013, 02:25 PM   #31
tokerlund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Hey all! Hello from Fargo as well.

I have been brewing for a year (aside from my questionable attempts while in college). I got some equipment for kegging last Christmas from my brother and this year I got some equipment for all-grain. I did about 100 gallons of wine and beer last year and I am 20 gallons into this year.

If you are looking for bottles, the LHBS in Moorhead will sell you some used pop offs. He even buys them from folks, FYI. I like to get a case of Kirklands beer from Costco. For $19 for a case of pry-off bottles it works out great.

My buddy owns a homebrew shop in Faribault, but his shipping can't be beat. I order from him and within 2 days it is here. One time Speedee was there in 36 hours despite a major storm. I was shoveling my driveway when he brought the boxes. http://knowhowbrewsandfoods.com/

I'd love to chat local brewing and such. I live right next to the Shrine and saw the Suds n' Spuds, but never checked into it. I am bumed I missed it!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 12:46 PM   #32
BeerRanger
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokerlund View Post
I'd love to chat local brewing and such. I live right next to the Shrine and saw the Suds n' Spuds, but never checked into it. I am bumed I missed it!
The Prairie Homebrewing Companions have their monthly meeting this Wednesday the 13th at 7:30 at the Shrine so stop by and you can chat local brewing and sample some homebrews. Bring a glass and some of your beer if you want others to try it.

Old 04-21-2013, 02:02 AM   #33
mrstevenund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Looks like this turned into a Fargo thread. I didn't realize any other PHC club members were here on HBT...

Old 04-21-2013, 04:38 PM   #34
tokerlund
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Yeah I never made it to a PHC meeting. I am note really interested in the procedure, motions and votes of a club. I was more just looking for some other home-brewers to hang out, drink a few brews, maybe swap some brews and maybe do a brew day together. I live on Elephant park and the kids love to play outside all summer in the park. I was thinking about brewing up a batch or two in the back yard this summer. I might actually be brewing in my front yard when the 5k runs by this year.

Anybody interested?

Old 04-23-2013, 03:26 AM   #35
BeerRanger
Recipes 

I understand the lack of desire for the business of the club, I just think if it as a necessary hour a month to pay for all the other time spent taking, drinking and brewing beer since what you want is really what the club spends the majority of the time doing, and there are always several homebrews available during the business to help the time pass.

It looks like the PHC along with the Muddy River Mashers in Bismarck/Mandan and Bitter North Brewers in Grand Forks will be hosting some public brewing sessions for the AHA Big Brew weekend on May 4th so check you local listings for more info.

Tokerlund, even if you don't join the club, join the yahoo group email list for the PHC and then you can at least know when the events are and such and if you do join, you can still just show up for the fun stuff (especially if you bring beer ). You don't have to have a yahoo email address to join, any email will do.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phc-club/

Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #36
EinGutesBiersSWMBO
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Just to confirm BeerRanger, the Muddy River Mashers will be hosting a Big Brew Day event in Mandan on May 4th. If you happen to find yourself in the area, please stop by. There is more information here on the MRM forum.

The ND Brewers campout is June 21st-23rd in Medora too, if you're a camper or just want to stop by for the day. More details here.

I never thought I'd be much of a club person, and while I really could care less for "business" (we have very little of that), I am very grateful for the like minded people I've been able to meet across the state both in person and online.

Old 07-26-2014, 06:33 AM   #37
gasman8
Recipes 

Default Good evening gents

I have recently purchased equipment to start brewing after a close friend here in bismarck had me help him. We brewed cigar city jai alai clone. It's a brewery in Tampa Fl. Enjoyed it this summer while on vacation. Hope we make it half as good . Besides WESTVLETEREN 12 it's best beer I've ever enjoyed. Excited to here from fellow North Dakota brewers

Quick Reply