Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > North Dakota HomeBrew Forum > Calling All ND Brewers!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
BeerRanger
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

The next meeting of the Prairie Homebrewing Companions is next Wednesday, March 14th at the El Zegal Shrine - 1429 N 3rd St in Fargo. It starts at 7:30 but people will probably be there by 7:00 to to judging for the Award of Brewing program. Hopefully you can make it.

The club web page should have the latest info on the times and location of the next meeting. http://prairiehomebrewers.org

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 AM   #22
Austinjs0102
Recipes 

Just reviving an old thread. Been a long time lurker, first time posting since i can finally afford to begin home brewing . Have some questions for any home brewers in Fargo, ND and is it wise for me to go to PHC even if i am a complete newbie.

Old 07-18-2012, 03:48 AM   #23
hoppedupbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austinjs0102 View Post
is it wise for me to go to PHC even if i am a complete newbie.
Absolutely! The PHC welcomes all levels of homebrewers. There are a lot of highly experienced members, but we have some starting extract brewers as well.

It's not on the website yet, but our next meeting will be August 8 at the Oak Grove park North Shelter starting around 4pm. Should be plenty of beer to be passed around, and I believe the club is buying burgers & brats. PM me if you have any questions. Cheers!

Lupulin crazed abandon!
http://hoppedupbrewer.com/ | Follow me on Twitter: @hoppedupbrewer

Old 08-23-2012, 02:35 PM   #24
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 336 Times on 323 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Hello from Fargo. I am a newbie with my first batch in my primary. Glad to see some locals on here if I have questions!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:20 PM   #25
Hockeyhunter99
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Hello from Fargo. been brewing a few years and have grown hops in the back yard this year. i am not a member of PHC but i know they are a great group of brewers. (just not my thing, yet) i would definately go to their meetings and see if it is for you. best of luck

Beer Renaissance definition - transformation from a heavy beer drinker to drinking heavy beer

Keg - American Pale Ale

Primary - Chocolate Cascadian Dark Ale
Primary - ButterBeer

Old 08-29-2012, 07:00 PM   #26
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

So, I seem to be having an issue getting bottles. Have tried a few different things, contacted the recycling place but haven't heard back, and talked to friends. The friends that drink the most beer drink Busch Light cans "To save money" so they are not much help. I have been enjoying emptying bottles on my own, but can only do so many a night.

Does anybody on here have a bunch of extras that they would be willing to sell? I sometimes see people who have switched to kegs have a bunch of extras so figured I would give this a shot. Any advice would be appreciated! I know I can buy new ones but that gets expensice. Thanks!

Old 08-30-2012, 05:52 PM   #27
hoppedupbrewer
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
Does anybody on here have a bunch of extras that they would be willing to sell? I sometimes see people who have switched to kegs have a bunch of extras so figured I would give this a shot. Any advice would be appreciated! I know I can buy new ones but that gets expensice. Thanks!
I'd normally be able to help you out, but I've handed out a ton of beer lately, and not all the bottles have come back. I'll let you know if I can scrape up a case or so of empties.

Lupulin crazed abandon!
http://hoppedupbrewer.com/ | Follow me on Twitter: @hoppedupbrewer

Old 08-31-2012, 04:38 PM   #28
BeerRanger
Recipes 

Bernies on South University a couple blocks north of I94 used to have old cases of empty returnable bottles for sale really cheap, but some were pretty dirty so they needed some good cleaning before use but you end up with the more solid returnable bottle in a heavyweight returnable box. Give them a call or stop by and see if they have any left.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 PM   #29
AMonkey
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Thanks for the tip on Bernie's. I got three cases in nice boxes for $3. They are clear but will work for the cider I want to make. Now I won't have to use brown bottles for that and tie them up.

Old 09-01-2012, 03:56 PM   #30
BeerRanger
Recipes 

No problem, glad it worked out for you.
A way to contact more homebrewers in the Fargo/Moorhead area directly is the Prairie Homebrewers Yahoo group mailing list. You don't have to be a member to sign up but you will get more info on the club and also beer happenings in the F/M area. I have seen people post that they are giving away bottles on that mailing list too.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/phc-club/

Quick Reply