Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Wyoming HomeBrew Forum > Brewers in Cheyenne, WY?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2012, 11:09 PM   #31
robbyhicks
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Ive got bottles in casper i can part with as well if youre up here...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2013, 12:21 AM   #32
catskinr
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

You should hit one of the meetings. This wed. 7pm uncle charlies upstairs. Lots of samples getting passed around. Bring some of yours if you got some. I don't make all the meetings. But usually a good time. Pretty laid back group.

Old 02-19-2013, 12:23 AM   #33
danksaur123
Recipes 

Default LHBS in Cheyenne, Wy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremybrown9 View Post
Do any of you think that another LHBS would be worth opening? The reason I ask is that I was considering opening one once I return to Cheyenne in July. My retirement from the Army has left me with a lot of time on my hands. It would be a full service shop with normal opening hours. Even considering doing a BOP type deal, depending on regs. Please let me know. I will even cater to the local Brew Clubs.

I know that you have 5 customers who would become regulars including myself. Hope you decide to open.

Old 02-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #34
robbyhicks
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Not through Cheyenne as much any more but if you open a shop with normal hours I'd stop on the way through...

Old 02-28-2013, 12:36 AM   #35
WyomingBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Hey folks, Im way up in Worland but if you ever get through here stop in at my shop, Big Horn Basin Brew Supply at 728 Big Horn Ave. Right in downtown. We are open 10 AM to 6:30 PM M-F and 10-5 on Saturdays. We do close for short periods during the day for lunch and picking up kids but rarely gone more than 30 minutes at a time. Also, we started a club up here. If you are around on the second Tuesday of each month we meet at Rumors Sports Bar and Grill @ 6:30 pm till we wander out. Sorry for the shameless self promo. We do have a decent selection of grains and Im willing to ship to you if you pay the shipping fees. We dont have an online store yet though. Look us up on Facebook and like our page to keep up with us. Thanks.

Brew What You Drink!

Old 04-06-2013, 05:43 AM   #36
robbyhicks
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Been meaning to try and stop by... Work has taken me up there twice since your post, but I've had the gooseneck on so wasn't sure how it would be for parking... But still planning on making it up there at some point...

Old 04-06-2013, 07:53 PM   #37
WyomingBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 60

Plenty of parking off the main road and in the back. In front it gets busy but if there is room for the trailer its open game being parallel parking. Feel free to pull in, look forward to meeting folks and serving your brewing, wine making and cheese making needs. Cheese is our newest thing, surprisingly popular as well.

Brew What You Drink!

Old 07-08-2014, 12:00 PM   #38
Gibbonjd
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I might be 4 years too late but I found one supplier here in Cheyenne, Depot Street Merchants. I don't know how long they have been here but I see that they are up and running. I am the same way about traveling to Fort Collins and wanted something close. Hope this helps!

Old 07-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #39
henchman24
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I'm a Cheyenne brewer and have only been to Depot Street Merchants a handful of times since I started brewing (only small things). They are just never open when I need them to be. I mainly use Hops and Berries and the internet. I'm typically in Ft Collins every couple weekends anyway, so it is pretty easy to just slide in to Hops and Berries (especially now with their 2 locations) and pick up what I need. They always seem to have everything I need. If another store opened with regular hours, I would be a very regular patron (I'm pretty addicted to this hobby and brew a lot). Hell, I have thought about opening one up myself.

Odd coincidence my dad works/ed with the owner of Depot Street on the railroad and got my dad into homebrewing in the late 90s. I remember going into the store many times as a kid.

I'm not a High Plains Drafters member nor have I ever been to a meeting. I have heard some mixed things about it.

Quick Reply