Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North Central USA > Wyoming HomeBrew Forum > Brewers in Cheyenne, WY?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 AM   #11
MG_OR
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I have nothing to add, I am new to Cheyenne (3 weeks) and just got the Midwest Brewers groupon as a birthday present. Maybe we can stumble through this together lammgrel. I'm just planning on fermenting in the basement though - nothing quite as fancy as you.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 PM   #12
KirbyTails
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 2 Posts

I'm in Laramie. What is the place in Cheyenne like? I'm confused as to where they even are....I seem to be having trouble finding much about them online.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM   #13
lammgrel
Recipes 

here's a link to the Cheyenne Homebrewer's Club <http://www.highplainsdrafters.com/>

Old 07-21-2012, 05:06 AM   #14
robbyhicks
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I am a 6mo brewer... Found the info on caspers lhbs to be spot on if slightly generous... I have fallen in love with pour brothers brewing in gillette... Both brothers have been nice & helpful... They are also wholesaling through midwest so you can get their kits on the shelf for about what they are shipped from midwest... Hopefully i will be having more business in the greeley area, when i make those trips or others i typically have time to stop at one place for some shopping...

If there were a decent lhbs in cheyenne that made it worth my while to swing in i would...

Old 09-07-2012, 02:59 AM   #15
glenard
Recipes 

Default New to brewing

I live in Cheyenne and a few months back my neighbor in the service handed me the coldest and tastiest IPA I'd ever had. To my surprise, it was a homebrew! I had no that you could make your own beer. Needless to say, I'm very new to the hobby.

My problem is that I have yet to find a community/store here in Cheyenne to help me in my skill progression. My neighbor is deployed often, and even when he's in town it's hard to sync up because we both have busy families.

Question: Does anyone know of a club here? I'll have to check out that place on 15th street...

If anyone of you Cheyenne folk would like to discuss recipes, taste each others brew, and provide feedback, I'd be grateful. Mostly I find myself lacking 2nd+ opinions. I haven't yet brewed a batch that I didn't have questions about...

Old 09-07-2012, 03:03 AM   #16
glenard
Recipes 

Just saw the link up top for High Plains Drafters... must have missed that in my thread read...

Old 09-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #17
lsnadon
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default High Plains Drafters

Long, long time ago, I went to a couple of their meetings. They used to meet at Uncle Charlies on the 1st Wednesday. Not saying they are good or bad, just didn't float my boat. I think the club members are the reason the store is there on Depot street (I think the guy that runs the Depot street store started the club).

Learning to brew -- buy some commercial examples and compare. Read anything that Charlie Papazian writes. Swear by and hang on every word that Michael Jackson wrote -- that man is a true Malt God, may he rest in peace.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:37 PM   #18
MG_OR
Recipes 

I bought my immersion cooler & stockpot from a guy that does a lot with the brewing club - nice guy, but I haven't been to one of the meetings yet.

My Irish Red turned out AWESOME though, and I'm about to put in an order to midwest for my next. Still at the kit stage, but enjoying it. Hoping to do a higher gravity winter warmer for my first winter in Cheyenne.

Old 09-09-2012, 12:12 AM   #19
MG_OR
Recipes 

Also, a lady has been supplying me with bottles - I am full up, but if anyone needs some I could pass them on. They aren't cleaned/delabeled, but they are free and she goes through a lot of Beck's.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:56 PM   #20
lammgrel
Recipes 

Getting ready to brew my 2nd all grain, 1st recipe I wrote myself, a Dopple Schwartzbock. I ordered the grains and yeast from Midwest, and they just got here yesterday, unfortunately too late to get a yeast starter going to be able to brew this weekend. I think it is worth goint to Hops and Berries to get grains and yeast from now on, and I just learned of a homebrew supply and fresh hops supply in Windsor.

http://www.highhops.net/
http://www.hopsandberries.com/

Quick Reply