Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > West Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Homebrewers in Charleston WV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 03:29 PM   #61
twofieros
Lifetime Member
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Coldone,

Welcome to the party! I'm currently brewing a batch right now. Heating the sparge water. I'm glad you found this thread.

So far each home brewer I have met in the area can make some great beer! I get the feeling there are quite a few of us but we just need to get a little organized to make it easier to share and meet up.

If there is a day and time you want to meet just pick it and post here. We can go from there about trying to get together. Thursday's seem bad for two of us. I can do Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.

Tim

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-18-2012, 02:17 AM   #62
giveupthekingdom
Recipes 

Ditto,
Coldone welcome to the forum.
I would be down for setting up a meeting. WE can meet up at a local eatery and have an exchange or brews or something.
I would be down. any one have any ideas?

Old 09-28-2012, 01:06 AM   #63
ColdOne
Recipes 

Thanks guys. Sorry it's been a few days.... been on vacation and now trying to catchup. Just got a new kegerator Fridge... so setting that up as well. Most weekdays evenings and some weekends I could meet. Does anybody know a eatery where we can bring our own? I don't bottle mine ....but could bring a growler if they allow that sort of thing.

Cheers

Old 09-29-2012, 05:17 PM   #64
twofieros
Lifetime Member

Recipes 

I've never asked anyone if we can bring our own to drink. In the past I have always just swapped beers and sent texts later about my experience.

Weekdays are best for me. Thursdays are not so good for others in the area.

I try to let everyone know when I'm brewing to give them the chance to come over. I've made a few brew days at Kevin's as well.

I'd love to meet up. If we can get everyone together for a dinner that would be cool. Especially if we can drink what we bring. That would allow an open discussion of each.

Tim

Old 10-16-2012, 06:52 PM   #65
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 18

How y'all doing? I stumbled on this thread and just wanted to shout out. I'm about 2 hours north from you on I-79. I don't think there's many brewers up this way.. But I'm still stoked to learn that there's a scene down in C-Town! If you get a meet and greet together I could try to make it... Although I'd have to find a nearby hotel. Wouldn't wanna drive home after plenty of meeting and greeting!

Is the 'common ground' still open? I think it was on Summer street.. I saw some killer metal and punk shows there back in the day.

Old 10-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #66
TJinWV
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 View Post
How y'all doing? I stumbled on this thread and just wanted to shout out. I'm about 2 hours north from you on I-79. I don't think there's many brewers up this way.. But I'm still stoked to learn that there's a scene down in C-Town! If you get a meet and greet together I could try to make it... Although I'd have to find a nearby hotel. Wouldn't wanna drive home after plenty of meeting and greeting!

Is the 'common ground' still open? I think it was on Summer street.. I saw some killer metal and punk shows there back in the day.
Two hours north as in Fairmont? There's a Fairmont Area Society of Homebrewers (FASHists) and Morgantown Area Society of Homebrewers (MASH), both with a big presence on facebook.

http://fairmontbrewers.webs.com/

http://mashwv.wordpress.com/

Old 10-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #67
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 18

Hi TJ! Yeah.. I'm around Bridgeport. I'm a noob and just trying to make some contacts. Really appreciate the links. Are you active in the clubs?

I checked the Fairmont page. Looks like there are some events coming up. I might have to register and show up at one of em.

Old 10-23-2012, 06:29 PM   #68
TJinWV
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 707 View Post
Hi TJ! Yeah.. I'm around Bridgeport. I'm a noob and just trying to make some contacts. Really appreciate the links. Are you active in the clubs?

I checked the Fairmont page. Looks like there are some events coming up. I might have to register and show up at one of em.
Hey 707, I'm not active in the clubs, just follow the facebook groups. I know a few people in the clubs, and there is some cross-pollination of course.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:32 PM   #69
twofieros
Lifetime Member

Recipes 

My Christmas beer is about ready. How many others here made a seasonal beer this year? It would be cool to set up a meeting or dinner where we could sample everyone's brew. How many would be interested in that? If you want to meet in charleston post here and I'll pick a day in December. That's still enough time to brew up a beer if you haven't already.

Tim

Old 10-28-2012, 03:48 AM   #70
BanjoSavesTheDay
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by twofieros View Post
My Christmas beer is about ready. How many others here made a seasonal beer this year? It would be cool to set up a meeting or dinner where we could sample everyone's brew. How many would be interested in that? If you want to meet in charleston post here and I'll pick a day in December. That's still enough time to brew up a beer if you haven't already.

Tim
That sounds fantastic! I have recently gotten back into homebrewing after taking a couple years off. In fact, what lead me to this forum was this particular thread.

Right now ive got a paw paw wheat beer fermenting in the secondary over top of the paw paws so it will definitely be ready in december and im also going to brew a chocolate peanut butter porter soon, which i guess is slightly more seasonal.

Kole

Quick Reply