Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > West Virginia HomeBrew Forum > Competitions (Eastern Panhandle)???

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
gdsimms
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Default Competitions (Eastern Panhandle)???

Hello fellow brewers,
I'm still fairly new to brewing, but am beginning to get to the stage of "I really like this beer, but how good is it compared to others?". So I'm wondering are there home brew competitions in our area? If so, please let me know, if not lets organize one. I have access to a large outdoor area with two pavilions on the Potomac in Falling Waters. I think tasting tons of other beers and hanging out with brewers for a day would be a great learning experience.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #2
dangerbrew
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdsimms View Post
Hello fellow brewers,
I'm still fairly new to brewing, but am beginning to get to the stage of "I really like this beer, but how good is it compared to others?". So I'm wondering are there home brew competitions in our area? If so, please let me know, if not lets organize one. I have access to a large outdoor area with two pavilions on the Potomac in Falling Waters. I think tasting tons of other beers and hanging out with brewers for a day would be a great learning experience.
There is a tri-club homebrew competition, "Coal Country Brewer's Cup" happening February 8th 2014 in Accident, MD between the Fairmont Homebrewers Club, Morgantown Mashers, and Queen City Homebrewers in Cumberland. For more info I'd check the Queen City club's website. It starts around noon that day I believe. I will be in attendance.
On Tap/Kegged:, "Springthyme" Saison (Saison du Buff clone), "The Sh*t that Killed Elvis" PB-Banana-Bacon Ale, "Flying Hop Monster" Imperial Black IPA, "Chubby Unicorn" Blueberry-Vanilla Witbier, "Captain Meowmers" Maris/Mosaic SMaSH, "Snozzberry" Gluten-free Raspberry Wit, "Batch 100" American Barleywine (1.100 OG, 100 IBU)

President and proud member of The Fairmont Homebrewers Club

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply