Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > Official Maryland Big Brew Day 2008 Info 2/23

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2008, 01:04 PM   #21
flytact
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

OK, checked my schedule and my son has a basketball game at noon. That puts me at the brew fest no earlier than 2:00. While I don't think I'll be able to partake in any brewing, I'd be happy to start a 2000ml batch of yeast that can be used on two batches. It's an Irish Ale that I'm harvesting for some bitter, stout and a 2-Hearted clone.

Let me know.

Oh, I can bring a funky chiller as well.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2008, 07:00 PM   #22
sak3358
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have my first (ever) batch of Munich Helles in secondary now. Don't think it will be ready but I would like to get together and talk with the group and learn some new ideas. I live in the Crofton area. Let me know the details please.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:31 AM   #23
DraconianHand
nudge, nudge, wink, wink
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Anyone interested in trying Maui Brewing Company's CoCoNut Porter?

Ferminatin' - Route 666 Pale Ale

Figurin' to do - Oatmeal Stout, Gueuze, Belgian Blonde, Mild, English Pale Ale, Weizenbock

Old 01-27-2008, 11:47 PM   #24
balto charlie

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianHand
Anyone interested in trying Maui Brewing Company's CoCoNut Porter?
I'm thinking your shopping day went well and I think I can speak for the group, yes we will like to try it. I just sampled an IPA from my keg. My first draft Needs a little more conditioning but not to shabby, decent nose. Not overpowering hops but they are there for sure(amarillo) I was hoping to bring it to MD brew day but It will have to survive a ski weekend or 2 before MD brew. I can't guarantee it. I have an English ale that just went into a secondary and will be kegged in 1-2 weeks so it might be good to go. Charlie

Old 01-27-2008, 11:53 PM   #25
balto charlie

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak3358
I have my first (ever) batch of Munich Helles in secondary now. Don't think it will be ready but I would like to get together and talk with the group and learn some new ideas. I live in the Crofton area. Let me know the details please.
Great, It might be ready unless you're lagering at cold temps.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:11 AM   #26
DraconianHand
nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by balto charlie
I'm thinking your shopping day went well and I think I can speak for the group, yes we will like to try it.
Nah, never got to shopping. A friend of mine brought me a 6 pack of CoCoNuT Porter from Hawaii (you can't get it on the mainland).

I'll be bringing a couple of cans to MDBBD so they everyone can get a chance to try it.

Ferminatin' - Route 666 Pale Ale

Figurin' to do - Oatmeal Stout, Gueuze, Belgian Blonde, Mild, English Pale Ale, Weizenbock

Old 01-28-2008, 02:47 AM   #27
balto charlie

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraconianHand
Nah, never got to shopping. A friend of mine brought me a 6 pack of CoCoNuT Porter from Hawaii (you can't get it on the mainland).

I'll be bringing a couple of cans to MDBBD so they everyone can get a chance to try it.
It's alway hard "NOT" to drink the last few.

Old 01-29-2008, 05:51 PM   #28
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sak3358
you're about 20 mins from me.

The BrewDay is on February 23rd, starting around 11ish

I'm back!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 05:57 PM   #29
98EXL

Recipes 

So we have concluded we can brew a bunch of beer!

I don't care if we order things online (and get shipped to my house) or from Annapolis Homebrew which is right around the corner from me. However, I think it would be best to order online, and I'll go get the Wyeast from there to make wicked starters with. ( I don't trust yeast in the mail)

Looks like we'll have 15 or so for brewing, with 10-11 carboys going home with beer, meaning we hare going to have to brew somewhere near 60 gallons of beer.

I do like the idea of doing two sessions of brewing...that way for people who may be coming late, they can be apart of at least 1 if not 1.5 batches of brew.

Even if you think you are going to just watch, at least bring a carboy to take some beer home in! That's where I got the 10-11 carboy count from.

ok, so what have I missed? I've been sick for a few days, and I want to make sure I got everything from PM's and replies covered in the first post and here

I'm back!!!

Old 01-29-2008, 06:50 PM   #30
jezter6
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

I recommend we do some Ed Wort's Haus Ale, as it's the standard 'First AG' batch for the boards (that, and I haven't done any yet).

Whatever we do, we should get on the recipes ASAP, as we need to get hops and pending some suppliers short supply or order limits - we may have to get them from multiple places.

Oh, and 98 - we're thinking about doing a 'mobile mash.' We'll mash in up at our place, then pop the cooler into the truck and drive down. Should be just at the right time to sparge, if you can get sparge water ready for our arrival.

Quick Reply