MD Spring brew day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, did you do the marathon thing today? :p

Yes, I actually did. I was a little rough feeling when I woke up, but the race wasn't until 1:15pm, and it was only 5k (which is still more than I normally run). We finished in about 35 minutes (HWMO hates running, so he did a lot of sprint, walk, sprint, walk). We both nearly puked at the finish line because I tried to sprint to beat him at the end, but he wouldn't have it. Bugger beat me by one stinking second.

And no, I did not partake of any of the free Miller Lite. ;)

About 10 minutes ago my bucket blew its top. Not just spilled over but the freaking top was warped and it shot off and trub went everywhere. It sounded like a small bomb went off as well. I installed the blow off tube that I knew I should have used and I can hear it bubbling like a pot of water boils.

I made a starter and pumped this thing so full of oxygen it was probably an explosion hazard but still it was an impressive mess I just got done cleaning. Hope everyone is having as good luck.

About 10 minutes ago my bucket blew its top. Not just spilled over but the freaking top was warped and it shot off and trub went everywhere. It sounded like a small bomb went off as well. I installed the blow off tube that I knew I should have used and I can hear it bubbling like a pot of water boils.

I made a starter and pumped this thing so full of oxygen it was probably an explosion hazard but still it was an impressive mess I just got done cleaning. Hope everyone is having as good luck.

Mine blew off today too, luckily I had a blow off tube. I had buckets explode before... porter can be a lovely color for the inside of a closet.

My glass of vodka/idophor now looks like a muddy glass of beer. It's only been on for like 3 hours. I think yesterday the lamp that I turned on to heat up the wort did more than I needed. It's going at a steady 70 now though. I'll check gravity in another day or so.

Yeah thats right I'm breaking all the rules and not just eyeballing my FG, I'm gonna go all crazy and use a hydrometer!!!

Actually just went and looked and its fine. No bulging at all and not even any sign of krausen in the airlock.

Mine looks like it snuck off to Mexico for turned food and tastey water, cause it's making brown mess everywhere! Put on a blow off tube yesterday, several inches of foamy krausen. :ban:

They are just living vicariously through us because they know they cant have as good of a time :D

What's the difference between a Stout and a Porter?

It's like the square/rectangle thing. A stout is a kind of porter, albeit a stronger kind (at least in historical terms I think).***

**Disclaimer - I could be 100% wrong. :cross:

Whose red cork screw where we using? I was cleaning out my car and found it.... sorry. I'll get it back to you next brew day.

Latest posts

Back