MASHOUT: Thur-Sun, Aug 14-17, 2014 on Solomon Rose?s Hop Farm (organarchy) near Old Town, MD and Paw Paw, WV.
Lots more info on our website:
Come back to the website after you register because we keep adding.
So many things you don't want to miss! They include:
* The Black Falls Band for a Friday evening of rockin? from the only band known to also serve their own homebrew.
* 6th annual Sour Hour! This is a BYOS (bring your own sour) event where participants bring a bottle of sour, wild, and/or funky beer to share with other wild ale fanatics. Please bring either commercial or intentionally homebrewed lambic, flemish red, brett, pedio, or lacto forward beer. Look for an event review on http://www.drinkbelgianbeer.com.
* Homebrew Evaluation Team ? In place of a BJCP style competition this year, we will offer homebrewers the opportunity to register their keg for homebrew evaluation. You will be given a tag for your keg/tap. A team of experienced beer judges will fan out into camp and evaluate the beers. At the annual feast, we will have a ?State of the Brews? address identifying any interesting tastes and trends Then we will award win, place or show.
*On-site brew with Organarchy Hops? NoVA brewers coming up early brew with Solomon's Hops so we can truly experience the terroir of our new camping location.
* The 1st annual Hop Yard Pub Quiz questions are in development. My efforts to get a few hints on what to study have been rebuffed. :-) Details on this fun event will be forthcoming.
* Annual beer and food pairing event on Friday following the traditional DuClaw Firkin Friday tapping.
* The traditional BBQ dinner on Sat night (with everyone contributing sides, salads, and desserts).
* The equally traditional pancake breakfast on Sun morning.
Folks this site is right on the Potomac River. Hutch from the Queen City homebrew club is organizing a canoe or float trip down the portion of the Potomac River that fronts the property.
There is no limit on the number of registered attendees this year as the new property has sufficient room for all.