*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > Maryland Big Brew Day 2007!
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-04-2008, 12:18 PM   #41
98EXL
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Well lets start this thing rolling for real this time. I can offer the space to do it, I have a huge freaking driveway. Who wants to sign up for some AG brewing, and who wants to show up to watch some AG brewing?

I'm back!!!

Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2008, 12:22 PM   #42
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Likes Given: 1

You know I'm down to brew.

Old 01-04-2008, 12:23 PM   #43
98EXL

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter6
You know I'm down to brew.
I know dude.....I find this kinda funny....when did I come up to watch the AG session at your place? July? And here I'm already knee deep in the AG brewing

I'm back!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:28 PM   #44
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR

Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 24 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL
Well lets start this thing rolling for real this time. I can offer the space to do it, I have a huge freaking driveway. Who wants to sign up for some AG brewing, and who wants to show up to watch some AG brewing?
I would show up! good to see someone with more expirinece work!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:30 PM   #45
98EXL

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa
I would show up! good to see someone with more expirinece work!

if you aren't 'working' you'd better be watching and drinking

I'm back!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 12:41 PM   #46
DraconianHand
nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I am in, but unfortunately my setups either are for stovetop brewing (no exterior burner) or aren't very portable (1550). I don't mind bringing supplies, brewing or drinking.

Where are you at?

Ferminatin' - Route 666 Pale Ale

Figurin' to do - Oatmeal Stout, Gueuze, Belgian Blonde, Mild, English Pale Ale, Weizenbock

Old 01-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #47
98EXL

Recipes 

10 mins north of Annapolis

I'm back!!!

Old 01-04-2008, 01:29 PM   #48
balto charlie

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

I'm interested but am not an AG brewer. I am curious to see the whole process. I have brewed in the 80s and 90s but stopped for the last 8 years. I am just getting my feet wet again. I have done partial mash/extract so can help but have no AG gear...yet
Can bring some homebrew though as well as hops, specialty grains, yeast etc. I just starting kegging so I'll have something for sure. Brewing a stout extract this wknd. Charlie

Old 01-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #49
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

I'd be in with proper notice of time and place. I work a 10-6, Monday to Friday job, so Saturday and Sunday are pretty much consistantly open (I also have no life) but SWMBO and I tend to fill that time by doing stuff, so as long as I know not to just drive aimlessly on that weekend, I'll be there.

I've got a 7.5 gallon aluminum (If you've got a problem with that, bugger off) boil kettle, a propane burner, 10 gallon cooler MLT and now, a Barley Crusher. I've also got Flying Barrel open on Saturdays here - if it was then I could pick up supplies for that day or whatever.

This would be my first meetup, so I have no idea what I'm expected to do/bring but again, I'm in if possible.

As a side note, if we're seriously planning this, perhaps it should be given a new thread. I know I ALMOST passed this up knowing that 2007 is already gone and I tend not to get involved in "revived" threads - I'm sure other people might miss this for the same reason.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 01-04-2008, 01:44 PM   #50
jezter6
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL
I know dude.....I find this kinda funny....when did I come up to watch the AG session at your place? July? And here I'm already knee deep in the AG brewing
Been too long since you came up and brewed.

And July - Jan is a long time. At this point, you should be an expert at the amount you brew on the regular. I went AG in 3 months from starting my first extract, and you're at the same pace.

As for the brew - I've got a 15 gallon pot, and a keggle. I'd prefer not to haul my entire brewery, but I can bring down (max) 2 big brewpots and a 10 gallon tun, along with a bucket or two to take some home.

If someone else closer can bring another burner and propane tank (or if 98 has a backup tank), we can do two 10-11 gallon batches at a hit. That's 4 batches per hour. If we do 2 of those, then 8 people can take home wort. Maybe more if there's extra kettles and burners.

Edit: agreed on the new thread. We missed 2007, and if this is serious, let's get a date and time and start a new thread with that date/time in the title. We can them get firm commitments into the new thread.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply