New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermenter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > Maryland Big Brew Day 2007!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #11
Evan!
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 62 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98EXL
so how far from annapolis?
You're in Annapolis? gmaps says 3 hours, which probably means 2-4 depending on Beltway/I-66 traffic...

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #12
98EXL

Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdon26
hello, I was wondering if maybe you guys wouldn't mind an extreme newb attending if it weren't too far away. I live in Southern Maryland, St. Mary's County. I know it's kinda weird maybe cuz noone knows me or anything. I've been diving into all the posts for the past couple of months and have already started. I'm a week away from botteling my first but thought it would be cool to come and watch. If this were all to work out, I do have a turkey fryer that I could bring as an extra for someone else to use. I'm really interested in seeing other people's techniques, picking your brains (yeah now there really going to invite you, you just said I'm gonna pick your brains, and now your talking to yourself, great) on the in's and out's and really interested in seeing someone do AG. I really want to see whats really all involved in person.
c'mon over...STC is only an hour, to an hour and a half away....you know everyone started just like you, so come and see what it's all about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan!
You're in Annapolis? gmaps says 3 hours, which probably means 2-4 depending on Beltway/I-66 traffic...
ahh, that is kinda far, damn

I'm back!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 01:20 PM   #13
jezter6
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdon26
hello, I was wondering if maybe you guys wouldn't mind an extreme newb attending if it weren't too far away. I live in Southern Maryland, St. Mary's County. I know it's kinda weird maybe cuz noone knows me or anything. I've been diving into all the posts for the past couple of months and have already started. I'm a week away from botteling my first but thought it would be cool to come and watch. If this were all to work out, I do have a turkey fryer that I could bring as an extra for someone else to use. I'm really interested in seeing other people's techniques, picking your brains (yeah now there really going to invite you, you just said I'm gonna pick your brains, and now your talking to yourself, great) on the in's and out's and really interested in seeing someone do AG. I really want to see whats really all involved in person.
Dude, I think you'd be as welcome as anyone. It would be my plan to try and make a few big batches so that as many people get to take home some wort as possible.

I have the capacity to do 2 10g batches at a time, so if people are chipping in for grain, the 15 gallons can go out to 3 other people who want in, and I'll take 5 home with us.

Nothing better than getting to help, and take home some fruit of your labor, even if you don't know what you're doing.

SPeaking of which, did you bottle up the Steam yet, G?

I am a member of the Maryland Brewday Group - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/md-brew-day/

MD Dec Brewday 12/11/10 - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/md-pa-de-dc-winter-brew-day-195534/

Old 10-26-2007, 01:21 PM   #14
98EXL

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jezter6
Dude, I think you'd be as welcome as anyone. It would be my plan to try and make a few big batches so that as many people get to take home some wort as possible.

I have the capacity to do 2 10g batches at a time, so if people are chipping in for grain, the 15 gallons can go out to 3 other people who want in, and I'll take 5 home with us.

Nothing better than getting to help, and take home some fruit of your labor, even if you don't know what you're doing.

SPeaking of which, did you bottle up the Steam yet, G?
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah I bottled it.....I put it in one giant 5 gallon bottle

I'm back!!!

Old 10-26-2007, 05:14 PM   #15
FireBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Quote:
It would be my plan to try and make a few big batches so that as many people get to take home some wort as possible.
Right on. My system can handle 10 gallons at a time, 20 if I bookend 'em right.

Sounds like fun. When's the big day?

Old 10-26-2007, 06:51 PM   #16
jezter6
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 14 Posts

Sometime in Nov I guess.

Coming fast.....

I am a member of the Maryland Brewday Group - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/md-brew-day/

MD Dec Brewday 12/11/10 - http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f20/md-pa-de-dc-winter-brew-day-195534/

Old 12-04-2007, 04:16 PM   #17
balto charlie

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Sometime in Nov I guess.

Coming fast.....
Did this ever materialize?? I have only recently returned to brewing and would love to witness an all grain brewing process. I have begun to make extract brews again and will soon move to 1/2 extract and1/2 mash....then AG. If this happens again please let me know. Charlie

Old 12-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #18
98EXL

Recipes 

no, I slacked...but need to set this up

I'm back!!!

Old 12-05-2007, 06:59 PM   #19
Kevin Dean

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

Last month sucked for me anyway.

"What's your name? Well my mom calls me Son, and my cat calls me Meow, either will do." -- Sam Dodson of the Obscured Truth Network

Old 12-21-2007, 04:52 PM   #20
claphamsa
Professional Jezter PWNZR

Recipes 

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Dean
Last month sucked for me anyway.
WHEEEE, Im in! I would love to see some people with experience brew!

where do you guys shop? I go to MDHB in Columbia! Just wondering what the thoughts are on this.

Closed Thread

Quick Reply