Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > annapolis, MD area brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2012, 02:19 AM   #41
gotsumbeers
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I've never been in a homebrew club, or any other club for that matter. This sounds great. I have been contemplating joining a club. Anything I can do to help? I assume we will be bringing samples of our homebrew to try? Any place we meet would have to be supportive of us bringing brew in, right? I've been an nomadic homebrewer for a long time, not sure how this all works.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-06-2012, 10:13 PM   #42
eviljay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Are we moving forward with punks on the 17th?

Old 05-07-2012, 11:09 AM   #43
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Liked 29 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I like the idea of punks. I spoke with several bars in downtown Annapolis. They never got back with me. If punks is ok with us coming there. Let's do it there.

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 PM   #44
eviljay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmcogar View Post
I like the idea of punks. I spoke with several bars in downtown Annapolis. They never got back with me. If punks is ok with us coming there. Let's do it there.
I used to do "craft brew pub crawls" in downtown Annapolis for Annapolis Pub Crawls. None of them really have a good craft brew selection, with the exception of Rams Head.

If you guys don't want to struggle with downtown parking the Rams Head Roadhouse in Crownsville has a pretty killer selection. I've never been to Lures but they're supposed to be pretty on their game with a nice selection of beers as well.

http://www.ramsheadtavern.com/roadhouse/documents/2012%20Roadhouse%20Drink%20Menu.pdf

http://www.luresbarandgrille.com/beer

****, I might go to lures tonight because they have the Great Divide 18th Anniv. Wood Aged Double IPA on draft...

Just throwing out a few other options.

Jay

Old 05-07-2012, 05:44 PM   #45
Kmcogar
Recipes 

I've never been to punks but I've heard good things. I have been to lures. Good food and great beers. The beers on tap are constantly changing.

Ægir was a god who would host a party where all the gods would drink the beer he brewed for them. He made this in a giant kettle that Thor had brought. The cups in Ægir's hall were always full, magically refilling themselves when emptied.

Old 05-07-2012, 08:20 PM   #46
hhs1ik3r
Recipes 

I love beer

Old 05-08-2012, 12:37 PM   #47
Kmcogar
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvklein
Suggestion for a meeting place.

Punk's Backyard Grill in annapolis mall. It's locally owned, has good reasonably priced food, and a great selection of beers on tap. They have two on Cask as well.

And one of the owners, Dave is a homebrewer.

Current draft selection:

•Sierra Nevada Hoptimum | Imperial IPA | 10.4% abv | California
•Great Divide Colette | Saison | 7.0% abv | Colorado
•Oliver Ape Must Never Kill Ape | Belgian Dark Ale | 3.2% abv | Maryland
•Stillwater As Follows | Belgian Strong Pale | 9.0% abv | Maryland
•Heavy Seas Dubbel Cannon | Belgian IPA | 7.0% abv | Maryland
•Firestone Walker Reserve | Porter | 5.3% abv | California
•Oliver James Brown Ale | Brown Ale | 9.0% abv | Maryland
•Dogfish Head Aprihop | IPA | 7.0% abv | Maryland
•Flying Dog Disobedience Dubbel | Belgian Dubbel | 7.1% abv | Maryland
•Evolution Lot 6 | Imperial IPA | 9.2% abv | Maryland
Do you know the owner? If so, could you ask him if we could hold our meetings there? If not, let me know I'll give them a call

Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #48
rvklein
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kmcogar View Post
Do you know the owner? If so, could you ask him if we could hold our meetings there? If not, let me know I'll give them a call
Only know him through the beer dinners they host (which are awesome btw). Go ahead and give them a call. The two owners are Dave & Shelia. ask for either one.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #49
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Sorry to be so unresponsive the last few days. I had to head out of town and just haven't had the time to post. I should be back in time for the meeting on the 17th. Did anyone talk to Punks? I will give them a call if I haven't seen anything on here by tomorrow afternoon.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:16 PM   #50
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotsumbeers View Post
I've never been in a homebrew club, or any other club for that matter. This sounds great. I have been contemplating joining a club. Anything I can do to help? I assume we will be bringing samples of our homebrew to try? Any place we meet would have to be supportive of us bringing brew in, right? I've been an nomadic homebrewer for a long time, not sure how this all works.
There will be lots to do to help! Right now the best thing to do is plan to be at the meeting. Also, I will try to post a draft constitution or bylaws that we can discuss prior to the first meeting. Input on that will help set the direction for the club and could really impact our future. Also, suggest any ideas you have for a name!

You're right about needing a meeting place that is supportive of homebrew being brought in. I don't know about the laws in Maryland so we may not even be allowed to bring in homebrew, but I will see what I can dig up on this.

Quick Reply