Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Maryland HomeBrew Forum > annapolis, MD area brewers

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #131
SuperSpy
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DolemiteGK View Post
I also wanted to mention the opportunity to do Bulk Group orders of ingredients either local or online. I'm sure we could wrangle discounts from a vendor or two either way.
We did this a lot in the Guam Homebrew Club. I definitely recommend it and its a great reason to be a part of a club.

Also, Annapolis Home Brew Shop stated that they would like to help sponsor the club so I asked about card carrying members being able to get discounts at the store as a membership benefit. They didn't say yes but said they were interested in the idea and were currently working on some incentive discount programs to implement in the near future. One of the clubs I was in was able to get a 10% discount for members at all local home brew shops so its worth asking all the area shops if they would do something like this.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-16-2012, 09:33 PM   #132
djdixon1995
Recipes 

SuperSpy,

What's the current head count for tomorrow...just contemplating how much homebrew to bring for sampling.

Also, I'll pick up som munchies on the way over

Old 05-16-2012, 09:37 PM   #133
DolemiteGK
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSpy View Post
We did this a lot in the Guam Homebrew Club. I definitely recommend it and its a great reason to be a part of a club.

Also, Annapolis Home Brew Shop stated that they would like to help sponsor the club so I asked about card carrying members being able to get discounts at the store as a membership benefit. They didn't say yes but said they were interested in the idea and were currently working on some incentive discount programs to implement in the near future. One of the clubs I was in was able to get a 10% discount for members at all local home brew shops so its worth asking all the area shops if they would do something like this.
If not, it can't hurt to inquire at MD Home Brew in Columbia. But I think if you explained to the Annapolis guys that the increased amount of $ spent overall mitigates any 10% discount

Old 05-16-2012, 11:02 PM   #134
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
If not, it can't hurt to inquire at MD Home Brew in Columbia. But I think if you explained to the Annapolis guys that the increased amount of $ spent overall mitigates any 10% discount
I think that's why we need to ask the shops after we have a roster of members and get an idea of how many members frequent each shop.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:06 PM   #135
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdixon1995 View Post
SuperSpy,

What's the current head count for tomorrow...just contemplating how much homebrew to bring for sampling.

Also, I'll pick up som munchies on the way over
The confirmed number is 8 including myself. The list is:

SuperSpy
kmcogar
clint04
djdixon1995
jamesmrea
eviljay
gotsumbeers
DolemiteGK

Let me know if I forgot you or you're bringing a friend.

Old 05-16-2012, 11:53 PM   #136
eviljay
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 54

Don't forget the 12 strippers I'm bringing.

Old 05-17-2012, 12:10 AM   #137
jaynik
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 12 Posts

Ben is coming I think and bringing a friend

I am 50/50. I hope to see you guys tomorrow night!

Old 05-17-2012, 01:50 AM   #138
Clint04
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have 5 beers (3 homebrews, 2 commercial brews) packed up and ready to go for tomorrow. I would like to bring more, but I have to try to put them in the office fridge tomorrow, since it isn't feasible for me to go home and get them before the meeting.

Superspy, if for some reason storing beer in my office fridge is frowned upon, do you think I could drop them off at your place sometime before the meeting officially begins so that we can get them chilled?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:51 AM   #139
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Not to be different, but do we have to be a cutesy name of initials??? All those names are just silly... We can be more creative than that...
Dolemite brings up a good point. Another question to keep in mind is what do we call ourselves once we've picked a name? For example, I was in the Knights of the Brown Bottle Home Brew Club and we called ourselves the "knights." What do we call ourselves if we're the ABCDs? Imagine seeing this in a few months:

"Hey ABCDs, it's time to start brewing up those winter warmers if you want them to be ready for the holidays."

Now replace ABCDs with "Knights." The same goes for Mashtronauts, Foam Rangers, or any other homebrew club where the members use the name to identify and distinguish themselves among other clubs. Just some food for thought. Any other name ideas?

Old 05-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #140
SuperSpy
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint04 View Post
Superspy, if for some reason storing beer in my office fridge is frowned upon, do you think I could drop them off at your place sometime before the meeting officially begins so that we can get them chilled?
Either my wife or I should be home around 5pm. Give me a call if you need to stop by.

Quick Reply