Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Delaware HomeBrew Forum > Off to Annapolis

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-30-2013, 01:33 PM   #1
knightnorth
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Off to Annapolis

I've been going to Annapolis for brewing supplies for about 6 months now. Tired of retailers in the lower Delaware area not having good selection, knowledgeable service, or friendly people. I found this place in Annapolis that has a wide selection and great people who aren't arrogant or condescending. What do you guys thing about the area not having the best craft brew supply shop?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #2
glick
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 44 Times on 40 Posts
Likes Given: 142

Little late, but it's my first post so what the heck...

I too gave up on the Delaware HBS in favor of Annapolis Homebrew. With $7.95 flat rate shipping, and the fact that I can place an order at 2:30 in the afternoon today and receive it via UPS tomorrow is amazing! I'm in Dover so gas is a concern no matter which DE store I choose, and I can't get to any of them for $7.95!! For me it's Annapolis all the way... for the reasons you state and for super fast shipping.

Old 04-12-2013, 01:04 PM   #3
knightnorth
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I guess with gas prices shipping is a better option. I like walking in a shop though and talking to guys who brew too.

I went to the Antique shop in Lewes last night because I had to pick up some emergency bottle caps and corks. Grabbed some grain while I was there too. A little disappointed, all they had was pre milled Marris Otter. Lord know how old it was. I got a sticker shock of over $30 at the register. Got home and priced it all with Annapolis and Bottle caps, corks, and my choice of grain was just over $20.

Really wish I had to means to open a home brew shop around here. I think the area is right. I know the popularity is here. We deserve to have a knowledgeable shop with good selections fair prices and friendly people.

Quick Reply