Home Brew Forums

Home Brew Forums (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/forum.php)
-   Delaware HomeBrew Forum (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f217/)
-   -   Newark food and brew fest 7/25/2009 (http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f217/newark-food-brew-fest-7-25-2009-a-129428/)

dataz722 07-24-2009 10:12 PM

Newark food and brew fest 7/25/2009
 
Newark Food and Brew Fest

anyone going???

Flyin' Lion 07-26-2009 08:47 AM

Won't be up there in time for this one, plus I won't be up there on weekends until the official move is over with...

dataz722 07-26-2009 03:57 PM

Where you moving to?

Flyin' Lion 07-27-2009 08:39 AM

Remains to be seen, but with two young kids we're leaning towards West Chester, PA (due to the schools) area. I'll be working in Wilmington.

dataz722 07-27-2009 02:46 PM

Hell with the property taxes in PA you might as well just live in Delaware and send them to private school.

Flyin' Lion 07-27-2009 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dataz722 (Post 1454225)
Hell with the property taxes in PA you might as well just live in Delaware and send them to private school.

PA property taxes--$3000-$6000/ year

DE private schools--$8000/year (per child).

We were initially looking in the Smyrna/Odessa area due to the Appoquinimink(?) school district which is supposed to be one of the best in the state, but the commute would be too much.

We are still weighing our options, though.

menschmaschine 07-28-2009 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion (Post 1455074)
PA property taxes--$3000-$6000/ year

DE private schools--$8000/year (per child).

We were initially looking in the Smyrna/Odessa area due to the Appoquinimink(?) school district which is supposed to be one of the best in the state, but the commute would be too much.

We are still weighing our options, though.

In Chester County? That must be a small lot! Don't forget all the sales tax you'd spend living in PA. And your vehicles will cost twice as much per year to get inspections/emissions.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm from PA and I miss it sometimes. If I had to choose, I would have a hard time making that decision.

Flyin' Lion 07-28-2009 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by menschmaschine (Post 1455537)
In Chester County? That must be a small lot! Don't forget all the sales tax you'd spend living in PA. And your vehicles will cost twice as much per year to get inspections/emissions.

Don't get me wrong though. I'm from PA and I miss it sometimes. If I had to choose, I would have a hard time making that decision.

I suppose its okay to derail this thread as the event's date has passed...

We haven't decided just yet, but we need to take into account our daughters' educations. Most of the houses we've looked at had property taxes that fell in that range, and most were 1/2 to 1 full acre. Granted, we're not looking at the heart of West Chester--more like the outlying areas. Thankfully, we're quite flexible, as we don't have family in the immediate area and her friends are all pretty much in Philly...

dataz722 07-28-2009 12:27 PM

How old are the kids?

Flyin' Lion 07-28-2009 08:40 PM

Our kids are one and just about three. So, there's time before they need to go to school...


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:04 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.