Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > Delaware HomeBrew Forum > Delaware HBTers!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2009, 07:49 PM   #21
menschmaschine
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion View Post
Overpriced relative to what? The Ryan homes my wife has been watching seem comparable in price to what they're building here in Richmond (if not a little cheaper).

What's a good area to be looking in, if you were to be working in Wilmington (please don't say Hockessin).
I like the Greenville area... very New England-y. Even a little England-y in some places. I'm sure you know... buying a Ryan home is like eating at a 24-hour diner. You might get the sh!ts and you might not.

If you need a good home inspector, let me know. I know an excellent one in northern DE.

END TRANSMISSION

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2009, 02:27 PM   #22
dataz722
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 3002 Times on 2955 Posts
Likes Given: 28

HA! Greenville is the MOST expensive area in delaware. Its actually where Joe Bidens house is. I cant even afford to drive through greenville. It is VERY nice, if you have 750k to drop on a townhouse.

But seriously what part of wilmington will you be working in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar View Post
I was wrong

Old 01-27-2009, 02:54 PM   #23
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

I think I've jacked this thread enough, my "company" has numerous plants in and around the Wilmington area, including South Jersey. Right now I can't fathom which plant I would be employed, but with the prices of houses near Wilmington, the wife has been looking at houses closer to Townsend/Middletown.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:20 PM   #24
delarob
Recipes 

Likes Given: 2

Hola bitcholas! What's kickin chickens? What's shakin bacon?

How yall are? I'm suprised Dave hasn't stopped in this thread yet. He's just over the line in Fairhills.

Names Rob, been a lifelong DE resident, but don't hold that against me. I used to love this state, but I've been dreaming of moving to Pulaski NY the last couple years and opening up a worm store on the Salmon River where I can fly fish to my hearts content and build myself a garage for a little 20 gallon brewery.

I think I can hold out for a while now that sh*tbird Minner is no longer the Gov.

Been brewing since around '92. I used to go to the Wine Hobby place in Stanton. Guy could have had a goldmine. Anyway got into kegging in the last couple years and All Grain finally.

Looking to move here? Try the Newark area. Not out rt40 way cause that's just too congested. Try more towards the rt4/273/Kirkwood hwy area. House prices are decent, population is ...meh.. You couldn't pay me to go to Townsend or Middletown.

If anyone is interested, come on out to the Delaware Saengerbund on Salem Church Rd. You know, the place where we have the Oktoberfest. I'm the 1st VP and pretty much run the bar. There's a couple guys who brew and you're welcome to stop in have have a good german beer.

Homeless Waif Brewing Co.

In the Beirmeister:
Vanilla S.O.B. (smoked, oaked, boubon stout)

Old 01-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #25
Madman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I always assumed the Saengerbund was members-only except for Oktoberfest. I'll definitely drop by sometime, just let me know when you'll be there

Quote:
Originally Posted by shecky
I am an oddly hirsute woman.

Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #26
delarob
Recipes 

It is a members bar, however we have plenty of open spots and you can come in as my guest. I'm there alot... I mean alot. LOL I have to do the registers, ordering etc..

I'll pm you the info. We allow smokin in the bar so if that's an issue for you LMK.

In the Beirmeister:

Old 01-27-2009, 03:41 PM   #27
Madman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

LMK?

Won't be an issue for me. I am a smoker, but don't smoke inside.

Quote:

Old 01-27-2009, 03:47 PM   #28
delarob
Recipes 

LMK = Let me know.

I just sponsored cigar night this past Sat. The dork on the floor with his arm on the table is me.

In the Beirmeister:

Old 01-27-2009, 03:54 PM   #29
Madman
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Cool!

Well, I'm off on Thurs, Fri, and Sat. I can either catch you there, or (going back to the original point of the thread) a bunch of us can get together somewhere else if you're only allowed one guest.

Quote:

Old 01-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #30
delarob
Recipes 

Well,

I'm there Thurs Nights 7 - about 10-ish, Fridays from about 6 to 11-ish, and Sat depends.

We're allowed more than one guest at a time. Stewarts would probably be more in line with Home Brew being they ARE a brewery. However, they can't touch our prices...

Can you say Dogfish Head/Victory/Penn at $3 per 1/2 liter? LOL!

I'm up for Stewarts too cause I don't get there often enough. It IS my fav upper DE brewpub. Iron Hill doesn't do it for me.

In the Beirmeister:

Quick Reply