The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Somerset Homebrew Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2011, 04:59 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 899 Times on 600 Posts
Likes Given: 26

Sorry, I think you're applying the informal negative connotation of "attitude" like "what's with YOUR attitude buddy?" which I didn't intend. Not that you need a dictionary lesson :-)

Yeah, if distance is the issue than new startups that are extremely localized would be the answer but odds of hitting critical mass are reduced. Like you said, even if there are 100 active homebrewers in one township doesn't mean even 20% would join a club even if they were to find out about it.

I guess the discussion, which is admittedly a complete thread hijack at this point, is the merits/pros/cons of larger spread out clubs vs smaller satellite clubs all over the place. I recognize the merits of both but my choice to be a member of the former obviously shows what my preference is. I think once you call it a "club" you suggest it's a little more organized than a random casual gathering.

Thinking back to the OP, if Somerset is too far from New Brunswick (Ferment the World meets at Harvest Moon) to drive for a club, I think you ought to consider affiliating with The Brewing Network or HBT as your club.

Flemington is close enough to Lambertville (is it?)

The ANNiHiLATED

Lambertville, NJ
Phone: (201) 970-5747
Email: taeagan@gmail.com
groups.google.com/group/the-annihilated?hl=en

If that's not your cup of tea, I hope you find what you're looking for.

Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #12
Willum
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 4

When I asked about joining Whales, you told me you have to many members. I really don't understand why you would take issue with someone wanting to start a club.

Old 11-26-2013, 10:57 AM   #13
BridgewaterBrewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Anyone in Somerville area still interested in getting together? My brew ain't gonna drink itself ya know...

Quick Reply