Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > New Jersey Home Brew Clubs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-07-2009, 04:02 PM   #11
Bobby_M
Vendor and Brewer
HBT_SPONSOR.png
Vendor Ads 
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 980 Times on 654 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery_BreweryNJ View Post
I work at BA and we are trying to start a club. 1st we are trying to get a feel of how many people would be interested in joining. We actually are having a beer tasting Sept 19th if anyone is interested. Only $10...There will probably be more talk about the status of the club then.
I would have come down to check it out but it's the same day as the Central Jersey beer festival in Woodbridge.
Sightglass, Refractometer, Ball Valve, Weldless bulkhead, Thermometer, Decals, Stainless Steel Fittings, Compression Fittings, Camlock Quick Disconnects, Scale, RIMS tube, Plate Chiller, Chugger Pump, Super Clear Silicone Tubing, and more!

New Stuff?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #12
HuggerOrange
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby_M View Post
Hold on man, I'm not taking an attacking tone with you. There's no reason to get defensive. Please try re-reading what I wrote and think tongue-in-cheek lighthearted banter because that's where I was at when I wrote it. Call off the dogs. If you make it to a meeting, that's great. I'm not trying to twist your arm.
Bobby, sorry if I took it the wrong way. No twisting necessary - I really want to go to some meetings and talk to other people that have the same interest I do. It's just time is a commodity right now but hopefully for not forever. I guess in the end we established Whales is taking new members !?!

Old 11-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
SmallChange
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebrewer_99 View Post
Burlington Cty wants to start one...
Any more info on this, i.e. people, location? I'm right in that area, and have been looking to join a club, as I'm just starting brewing. I'd love to find a mentor, brothers in arms
So, if there's any momentum to start a club in this area, I'd definitely be on board to help get it going.
I appreciate any info.

Old 11-11-2009, 03:41 PM   #14
jerseybrewing
Recipes 

Default Homebrew club starting in Central/South Jersey - Mt Holly area

We are having our first meeting tonight at High Street Grill in Mount holly.

Starts at 6:30, feel free to email me at jerseybrewingco@yahoo.com if interested. We wont know if it will be a casual or serious club until we all sit down and talk over the next week or so (since everyone cant make it tonight). we have around 15 members off the start without actually advertising it yet...

Cheers
John

Old 11-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #15
SmallChange
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseybrewing View Post

Starts at 6:30, feel free to email me at jerseybrewingco@yahoo.com if interested. We wont know if it will be a casual or serious club until we all sit down and talk over the next week or so (since everyone cant make it tonight). we have around 15 members off the start without actually advertising it yet...

Cheers
John
John,
I'm really glad to hear this. I sent an e-mail.

Old 11-11-2009, 04:00 PM   #16
janzik

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battery_BreweryNJ View Post
I work at BA and we are trying to start a club. 1st we are trying to get a feel of how many people would be interested in joining. We actually are having a beer tasting Sept 19th if anyone is interested. Only $10...There will probably be more talk about the status of the club then.
When did you start working at BA? I haven't been there in a month or two. Have they been picking up some more business?

Old 11-11-2009, 04:03 PM   #17
jbpate6
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseybrewing View Post

Cheers
John
Definitely keep me in the loop as well, also sent email

Old 07-04-2012, 04:16 PM   #18
SaintFermentus
Recipes 

Default Fairly New Homebrew Club in northern new Jersey

Hi: The Back Yard Obsessive Brewers are a homebrew club based at Cricket Hill Brewery in Fairfield, NJ. We got started in early 2011 and have over 160 members. we are an active teaching club and our membership ranges from people who are thinking of getting started to professional brewers. Our meetings are the first Tuesday of the month at the brewery at 6:30pm. All are welcome, there are no dues, fees or charges. We operate strictly on donations. We host 3-4 free events every year at the brewery, including The Big Brew, Mead Day and Learn to homebrew day, along with many club brew days. We are affiliated with the American Homebrew Association. Check out our website at www.byobhomebrewclub.com, or e-mail us at byobhomebrewclub@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Jim.C
HNGIC

Old 08-15-2012, 01:25 AM   #19
kskiles
Recipes 

Brew Jersey is a club based in Atlantic County. Contact Shawn at Tapit Homebrew Supply shop in Egg Harbor City for specifics. We have about a dozen active members and meet usually the 2nd Saturday evening of the month.

We are getting organized to join some AHA Club Only Competitions.

Old 09-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #20
tnewman
Recipes 

Does anyone know whether the brewers apprentice in freehold got their club up and running?

Quick Reply