Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Kane Brewery

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2013, 01:20 AM   #11
scrapes
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustgc View Post
Kane is blowing all other NJ breweries out of the water right now. Head High is one of my absolute favorite IPAs on either coast. And as rpryor said, they are doing amazing things with stouts (and porters, and belgian dark strong ale, and everything else they brew). Mike Kane loves talking about the beer and the brewing process, and the whole operation when you visit is 100% about the beer.
What the heck do you ask guys like Mike Kane? Or any other brewer? Hops, grain? I always feel like an idiot....I'm a home brewerrrrrr. They are so beyond me and my 5 gallon bucket. I love looking, when I was there the yeast was just cooking, pouring out good stuff into a blow off bucket. .

Kane, Carton, Basil Ts, all good but I really enjoyed Harvest Moons Jimmy D's Firehouse Red.

In a week or two I'm doing some travelling and my growler will be with me, ya never know where ya stop at the end of the day.

Primary:
Bottled: Smooth Brown Ale
Drank: Autumn Amber, Killashandra Red (Irish Red)

Next: Apfelwein

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #12
brewvac
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

+ 1 with some love for Kane! Great beers. No slight to Carton, who makes plenty of good stuff, but I think Kane is better.

scrapes, I've only had the chance to meet a couple of pro brewers since starting off myself, but I always mention that I'm a relatively new home brewer and ask if they have any advise on technique, style what equipment should come next, etc. Mike Kane was especially open to offering advising and telling stories from his homebrew days.

Old 05-31-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
BridgewaterBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Last time I was at Ferment the World brew club at Harvest Moon, the head brewer, Kyle hung out with the gang the whole time. Nice guy and you can get feedback on your own beer.

Quick Reply