Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > North East USA > New Jersey HomeBrew Forum > Harvest Moon in New Brunswick NJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2006, 05:15 PM   #1
foyt20
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Harvest Moon in New Brunswick NJ

I have come across a brewhouse/Resturant that has some great beers in New Brunswick NJ. It is called the Harvest Moon Brewery, and the Jimmy D's Firehouse Red is probably my favorite beer there. Everything is brewed onsite at the front of the resturant so you can see what they are doing. The food is excellent and the staff is really good at their jobs too. All of the wait staff is very knowledgeable about the beers they are offering that day.

If you ever go, get the sampler during dinner to try all of the micros they are offering, and then go downstairs to the bar to get a few pints of your favorite.

You can find them at :
392 George St
New Brunswick NJ
(732)249-6666
harvestmoonbrewery.com

*and no, i dont work there, just a fan

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-23-2006, 09:50 PM   #2
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Ack! My 10 year high school reunion was there 2 weeks ago! If I had known it was a brewery, maybe I would have gone!

Primary:
Secondary:
Kegged: Smokier Smoked Porter

Old 08-24-2006, 09:57 AM   #3
Flyin' Lion

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
Ack! My 10 year high school reunion was there 2 weeks ago! If I had known it was a brewery, maybe I would have gone!
10 year reunion? No offense man, I thought you were in your forties. Based mostly on your sense of humor.

The wife and I are heading up to Little Silver and Wayne this weekend, I'll see if I can't convince her to drop in.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
Toilet Rocker

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Great spot. They make a really good winter ale and Tripel too.

Being you'll be in Little Silver, I'm sure you know Basil T's in Red Bank brews...

When people ask what I do for a living, I say I brew beer. No, not as a profession, but to live.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:15 PM   #5
todd_k

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyin' Lion
10 year reunion? No offense man, I thought you were in your forties. Based mostly on your sense of humor.

The wife and I are heading up to Little Silver and Wayne this weekend, I'll see if I can't convince her to drop in.
Nope, I'm 27. Not sure why my high school, Hillsborough, was having their reunion in New Brunswick anyway. If they weren't going to have it in the 'Boro, they should have had it in Princeton.

Speaking of New Brunswick, if you're in town, head over the Grease Trucks. There's a parking lot on Fraternity Row (Rutgers) that has a bunch of those construction site-kind of meal trucks. They make something called a Fat Cat. they take a sub roll and put on 2 hamburger patties, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup, and french fries. These are awesome! There are also variations like the Fat Bitch which is chicken fingers, mozarella sticks, and marinara sauce. Also, very good.

Primary:
Secondary:
Kegged: Smokier Smoked Porter

Old 08-24-2006, 05:26 PM   #6
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 392 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 105

Quote:
Originally Posted by HurricaneFloyd
There are also variations like the Fat Bitch which is chicken fingers, mozarella sticks, and marinara sauce.
"You know what I could eat right now. A Fat Bitch. Hell, I want two Fat Bitches to eat!"

Good times...

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 08-24-2006, 05:46 PM   #7
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 22 Posts

Isn't "Harvest Moon" the phrase used to describe a woman's dirty plumbers crack?

Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 08-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
Cap'n Jewbeard

Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Isn't "Harvest Moon" the phrase used to describe a woman's dirty plumbers crack?
Um? I hope not? Because then I will never, ever, ever, listen to a particular song by Neil Young again. (I'm talking, of course, about After the Gold Rush)

Primary/Lagering: April-zen Festbier
Drinking: Starburn Spiced Amber
Drinking: Regulus Rye/Wheat with a bite
Drinking: George Takei's O My-bock

Quick Reply